The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unknown petrol tank markings on WM20

Duke, I believe its a record of the checks carried out during long term storage

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot cmm, (think about this)

BER being Berlin? could be read as a storage tag, the drive on the right bit being a clue.

Quite a few M20s in the keycards mention BER, some of these also mention ELSTOW which was a military depot after the war where some disposal sales may have taken place.

I understand it was also used to store nuclear weapons in the 1950s, perhaps you should run a geiger counter over your M20.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

There is a WM20 99926 in the keycards with a matching serial C5210626, but it appears to have been sold off at Ruddington on 16th January 1961, interestingly it's last deployment was with the 380th Lt Rgt RA, but I'm not sure if they served anywhere where they drove on the right?

Any chance of some pictures of the bike?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks,Karl, Andrew, Jon, and Rob.

I will be posting much more data, a link to plenty of photos, and the back story on this bike very soon.

Gents,

Here is a photo of the top of the tank.

You can also see the faded red letters spelling "DRIVE ON" and "THE RIGHT" on either side of the filler cap.

Also, the number, which I previously reported as "54" is actually "34". I took possession of this bike today and was able to inspect it more closely. That number - "34" - is also stenciled on top of the mudguard, on either side of the registration plate.

Additional photos of this bike and a link to more photos have been posted in the "Barn Find BSA WDM20" thread I just started.

Nieuwe pagina 1