Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: War & Peace motor cycle DR display 2016

Ferg and others,Im part of the desert rats living history team, we won first place at combined opps last year and first place at the odyssey this year, we /I know how much effort it takes to put on a very good display, and as a founder imps member have been involved with many award wining vehicles and displays over the years, to be frank WandP is not what it was, and we as a group didn't attempt to put on a decent display this year, due mostly to a shortage of man power, holidays etc., I'm am perfectly happy to supply a few bikes as live nr Canterbury, so keep in touch, andrew

email (option): warbikesat geemale dot cmm,( think about this)

Andrew very kindly supported my first effort to get a display at War &Peace in 2013 with his M20 and huge stack of tyres! His comments flag up a problem in that the Show runs over 5 days which needs manpower resources. Odyssey and Combined Ops are weekends so easier to manage for those with day jobs. So you need to be realistic and practical or it will be hard to get sustained support. That's why I was quite keen in joining forces with a couple of four wheel MV groups and having a combined display so resources and time could be pooled. I think this is quite possible and could allow a DR display to be part of a larger group that maybe captures a campaign (eg Normandy) and/or a function (eg Signals). There are a couple of groups local to the Showground (always helps) that could be approached, for example. Just ideas and thoughts to kick around. Hope this helps.

email (option): Fergusanckorn@icloud.com

Hi All
Some very interesting comments one or two did make me smile

As a keen motorcyclist,,,,,, the DR motor cycle section at W&P 2016 I think is a must ,,,,,,, the show offers a wonderful selection of military vehicles yet very little in regards to DR Bikes

Interestingly ive been asked if this could be an addition to another display WHY not ?

It looks as if this thread is developing into the ones that wish to attend W&P and participate in developing a DR Bike section

Lets keep lines of comms open chaps all every interesting

John

email (option): john@shootingshow.co.uk

John, the penny just dropped that you ARE the new guv'nor of the W&P Show! Oh well, the comments made are at least honest! If you cannot get a DR display off the ground, then no-one can!! You must be used to herding cats.

email (option): Fergusanckorn@icloud.com

Hi Ferg

Its all very interesting and yes we will have a DR display 2016 ive received a great number of emails wishing to take part so I can report all very positive

John

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

Hi john

It would great to see this happen

Judging by the posts so far - it seems positive

I hope I can be involved

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi John
Absolutely I will keep all in the loop ,,,,please give me some time to get things sorted and we can all come up with a plan that works for all concerned

PS I’ve just purchased U.S Army medium 32 x 16 tent That should be large enough to get us started

John

Hi Chaps
Thanks to all that have emailed me

Quick update including myself we have 9 members wishing to display their bikes at W&P 2016

Its a good job we have a large tent with all the gear people are bringing ,,, THE bar has made me laugh,,,,, every good work shop should have a bar !! IT could be party time all WEEK

Bikes Total UK :- 15
Bike Total Europe :- 6

Running total 21

John

NO drinking & riding please you will fall off !!!

Many thanks for your email

NEW total

UK Bikes :- 16

Europe bike :- 6

Running Total 22

john

Hi guys,
Sorry, I've not read everything here, I just skipped past a lot down to the bottom where I could add a few words...

I run a WW2 RAF Living History Group here in Scotland.
We spend a few weekends during the summer months displaying within the Scottish boundaries, however, we have discussed betwen ourselves, about the possibility of going further afield.
The thing that stops us moving far is the cost of fuel - Scotland to South East England and back will not be cheap.
If event organisers want us to attend their show, we are happy to discuss with them... We are totally self sufficient, we even have our own generators, fire fighting equipment, safety certificates and PLI etc...
Anyone remotely interested is welcome to browse our website at www.638squadron.org to get a better idea of what we have available... Oh, you will also see at least TWO BSA WM20's in there ;-)

Best wishes
Ian

email (option): fozzie001@hotmail.com

Hi Chaps
Bike count to date

UK exhibitors Bike 16
European Exhibitors Bike 8

New Total 24

The mention of a bar within the DR Tent has brought about a barman !! with all the KIT

John

Hi Paul
Many thanks for your email
Yours and your sons details have been added to the list along with both Bikes

Bike count to date chaps

UK Exhibitors Bikes 18
Euro Exhibitors bike 8

All ww2 issue LOOKING good

One of the team will be bring a wood burning stove for the Kettle :- Another is making the Bar :- Please please no one bring Karaoke

All the Best Chaps John

Hi All

great to hear from all getting involved

bike count 18 brits 8 from over the pond

the brits have the first welbike

running total 27

Well are some of you re living your youth ,,,, I am not putting a ramp in the arena ,,,if I find any DR chaps attempting jumps you will be band to the tent and static display only LOL

Some great ideas chaps keep them coming

John

Hi John,

I message you on the 8th of Sept, I just wanted to make sure you added me to the list and if you needed anymore details?

Kind regards

Ross

email (option): T58white@hotmail.com

I'd love to come and catch up with everyone, just emailed John to get on the list if poss.

FYI Jack is also organising another Armour & Embarkation in 2016 which is on the HMVF hope to get to that aswell, may be with the children for that if I can find the right GMC at the right money at the right time, we'll see..a chap has to have goals right.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Hi Kit, I was told last week that Armour & Embarkation next year weren't accepting anymore soft skinned vehicles, Armour only. But I guess you would have to check with the organisers.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ross & Kit

Hi Ross not received your email but Ive added you to my list ,,,,great to have you on board

Hi Kit long time no speak hope your are well ,, Ive added you to the list

To all that have an interest ,,,,Chaps thanks for all the positive input ,,,, we are working on the show layouts the WW2 area is growing like mad,,,,, its really going to be very special 2016 W&P ,,,,,, possibly the finest ww2 display for many years

The DR Bike section has its own very large WW2 tent as its base along with Dodge WC60 workshop the look and feel of the display is really coming along well

If you like WW2 TANKS ,,,,,,2016 will be your year as we have been promised some very interesting exhibits ,,,,, the dust removed and engines being fettled ,,yes they will be driving them around

New total
Uk Bikes 20 + 1 Welbike = 21

Over the pond 8

Total 29

John

Fantastic , thank you very much John, looking forwards to it already :-) ,

Regards

Ross

email (option): T58white@hotmail.com

Hi Glenn
Many thanks for your email post war motorcycles are very welcome at W&P the new website goes live this week so booking in,,,,,, is no issue

I am sorry to say the display being discussed is for WW2 issue DR Bikes

I look forward to seeing you at W&P

John

Hi Lex
Good to see you at Ciney and great news your Big four will be on display at the wd bike display during the War & Peace 2016 ,,, we are starting to get some real momentum with bikes being displayed

Hope you had a good Ciney ,,,, War & peace did very well ,, we had some very positive meetings with many old W&P exhibitors returning with new exhibits ,,, Its looking good

see you again soon Lex

kind regards John

Yes John, nice to meet up again, will send you an email soon.

This is the sign I was talking about:

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1355305&cmd=show

Ciney was so-so, but sort of sold the Welbike.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb***.net (it's the same, think about it!)

Lex
The sign is really nice ,,, it will look good with all the other items being brought along

good news re your welbike ,,, Ciney was very good for W&P ,,, its look as if we will need to attend on a regular basis

Good to catch up

John

Nieuwe pagina 1