The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buckfastleigh MVT event

I went to the above event last weekend

If you haven't been before it's a great weekend away

If you fancy military vehicles, riding through superb countryside & steam railways, put buckfastleigh on your calendar for next year

One of my most relaxing weekends for some time

Highly recommended

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Buckfastleigh MVT event

Yes John I agree. I've been lots of times. I got a bit overwhelmed this year and didn't make it. But I certainly missed the riding on Dartmoor and the guys down there. I'll try harder next year Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

2015 Buckfastleigh 4th-5th July

Another successful Buckfastleigh, thanks to everyone who took part. But as usual I was too involved to get photos of some of the show, but it was great to see the Cobbaton Combat Museum Sexton SP gun there and the complementary meal on the Saturday evening and the £1 Breakfasts cooked by Preston and his team were very welcome.

Here a few moments from the weekend, bike only run on the Friday afternoon to Buckland in the moor.

photo DSCN2953_zps46ppbxtl.jpg

photo DSCN2954_zpseffvf5sm.jpg

Annual main road run to Widecombe in the moor on the Saturday afternoon/evening.

photo DSCN2965_zpsbx8pbdrg.jpg

photo DSCN2973_zpsjwzvxm4x.jpg

photo DSCN2971_zps0ejukkrt.jpg

photo DSCN2976_zps6fqaorbt.jpg

"Bikes on a train" after unloading down the line at Staverton station on Sunday morning.

photo DSCN2983_zps9zb2uy1t.jpg

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I just went for the day this year but enjoyed looking around and catching up with the 'regulars' after my enforced break from such things...

When the time came to head back home across Dartmoor I wished I'd taken all my camping gear and stayed longer!...

I also found the limits of my ailing magneto on the TRW...It started misfiring at low revs at the end of the trip in both directions....Thankfully though, the replacement is nearly ready....

Buckfastliegh is my 'local' 40's weekend and I'd recommend it for the amount of riding around on Dartmoor you get to do and the relaxed atmosphere mentioned by John....

Once again this year the weather was OK as well and I had an enjoyable ride despite the misfires at the end.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

as you all say another great weekend, weather was spot, the rides out and convoy work great, even Rob enjoyed the carnival at Ashburton, (he will tell you he didn't) for those that worry about their clutch at carnival's, you don't have to, we lead it and do the slow run by none stop, and it was good to see John O'B, and the Boss (Ian)we have bigger plans for next year, so the more bikes the merrier

Buckfastleigh 2nd-3rd July 2016

Buckfastleigh time of year is approaching again, this year will be very similar to last year apart from a new layout of the show, the motorcycles are moving further down into an area with lots of small trees, and our catering tent will be just as near in the central rose garden.

As in previous years we are sponsoring a large impressive vehicle as a central exhibit, in 2014 it was a steam train with a military past, last year it was the Sexton SP 25pdr from Cobbaton Combat Museum, this year it will be a Caterpillar D8 Dozer.

Cooked breakfast will be supplied for a nominal fee of £1 on the Saturday and Sunday mornings, but our caterer Preston can only do 100 each day so please get your entry forms in ASAP to avoid disappointment.

There will also be an evening meal on the Saturday timed to coincide with the return of our main Saturday afternoon road run to the pub in Widecome-in-the-Moor, which I think is free to exhibitors in the station café, again there will be a cap on numbers so get your name down soon.

Buckfastleigh is within walking or fast DR distance and has a Fish & Chip shop, Chinese takeaway, excellent pizza place and several pubs so there is lots of choice.

Entry forms are available here.

http://www.devonmvt.co.uk/members-area/event-entry-forms/

Rob

Re: Buckfastleigh 2nd-3rd July 2016

A last reminder Buckfastleigh is next weekend, not that many bikes booked in from outside Devon but there is an Ariel coming the north of England.

But its not too late if you fancy some riding on Dartmoor.

Rob

Hi Robb
Trying to get Friday off to travel down early & make the friday ride out

Stay friday night & go home saturday evening

How can i book ?

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi John

The big run out is on Saturday afternoon/evening not Friday.

There is a link to an online entry form in a previous post, Email Rod King and that should be all you need to do.

Hope to see you there.

Rob

Another Buckfastleigh is done and it had its moments this year, our head outrider Colin had a prang but he is OK.

The Sunday morning road run to Staverton reached a new level of shambles when only two vehicle turned out and one of them ran out of petrol after 2 miles.

And I had a near death/sheep moment on the moors.

But we all promise to try harder next year.

Rob

photo DSCN4572_zpsi97g1i7u.jpg

photo DSCN4576_zps9ajva4ik.jpg

And I thought being hit in the face by a plumb stone thrown from an on coming car whilst riding home in the pissing rain after the Weymouth Parade was bad enough

Ron

Hi Ron, bit late to say but Weymouth up to the high standard that we have come to expect and love, thanks to the team for sorting all out, one of the high spots was meeting the D Day vet at Portland, Buckfastleigh just keeps getting better, a lot of input from the Railway and the dance at the Town Hall on the Friday (a must for next year) we had a lot more space this year which also helped, but could do with a few more Don-Rs for some of the lager convoys, no damage to the bike(Ram-Jam) and bit of blood and bruising for me after my tumble, and would like to say Hi to the M20 T shirt Guy that Shane and I just met in Teignmouth, didn't catch your name, but hales from Northampton,

Hi Colin
It was great to meet you and your family at teignmouth, we will definately try and meet up next year
Ron I hope the stone didn't hurt too much, ouch!!
Best regards steve

email (option): Johnsonsteve386@gmail.com

Another Buckfastleigh is fast approaching on the weekend of 30th June 1st July.

The latest news is that we will be back in our old Field in front of the station so there will be lots of room.

Entry forms and pictures of previous years see here

https://www.devonmvt.co.uk/

Rob

Well I've missed the last couple of years and really missed the Devon crew and the riding on Dartmoor. If the old field is confirmed I'll add it on my calendar. Ron

I've sent my entry form in but haven't had any confirmation yet.

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

Hi Paul

I'm not on the committee but they have stated that they are going to send a response to entrants this year, but several of them are off on a tour of Brittany at the end of this week so it may be done after they return?

Rob

Nieuwe pagina 1