Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bespoke exhaust maker needed a bit o/t

Hi Ken, after 3 attempts to make a pipe for my Manx without anything that fitted and a few hundred quid spent, Ron put me in touch with J and T Tubes in Poole. They're brilliant, I took the bike there and they'd finished it in 4 hours. A chrome platers is down the road and job done.

http://www.jandttubes.com/

It looks a simple pipe but it isn't. The exhaust port is right in front of the frame tube and has to kink past it, which is tight. Then the pipe has to be exact to hug the engine and line up with the mega, allowing the gear lever to miss it. I'm so please with it, thanks Ron

photo DSC_0678_zpsws9ghavz.jpg

photo IMG_4586_zpsdqaioxx3.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks Horror, looks a good job and a similar shape to my needs.

Only an hour way too and an excuse for a day out with the missus.

Much appreciated

PS great looking Manx

email (option): deadsheds[at]yahoo[dot]com

It sounds as if Ken is sorted, but if anyone else needs a bender in the Midlands, Steve Jones at Progressive Classic Products is good. He copied an original downpipe from a friend's 600cc Sarolea for him.

http://progressiveclassicproducts.co.uk/exhausts.html

I think I know of that guy in the midlands, he makes stuff for the AMC spares scheme?

always good to have a second option.

I might be able to find takers for around five of these pipes, so there must be some profit i it for someone.

Guy at Feked just said he couldn't be bothered with one offs, so they must be dong well..........

Hi Ken......I can answer the "no reply" from Metal magic recently (last couple of weeks) at least as I visit there once a week.........

Terry has been down (at last Tuesday at least) to just himself...........normally 4 of them there........son Drew away on holiday, Cliff off sick with a back-problem and Chris recently left.............Terry, well past 70 and on his own, trying to sort out numerous orders, tackle numerous jobs, answer the phone (which rings every few minutes) and not a chance to sit behind a computer either to deal with email........he was also working that week from at least 8am to past 6pm and when I saw him at 1.30pm last week Terry still hadn't stopped for lunch ! Not defending him, merely stating the facts as to why he may not have responded to your email............

This week back up to 4 staff, but a backlog.........

Thanks Steve. clears that one up.
I cannot hold that against them, busy is good, and staff must have their days off, but even my wife has an "out of office' automated response to emails.
Its just nice to know one isn't just pissing into the ethernet.....

I'm in no hurry so may even have a run up to Blackbushe, its not so far.

Its good to know though that I am not stuck with Feked and Armours excess of 'enthusiasm.'

thanks to all who answered

Nieuwe pagina 1