The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 in for repair

Hi Chaps
Good to see you all in France albeit our numbers a little down
The weather being kind and great riding , it’s a shame people don’t LOOK as was the case for me this year when a resident decided to just pull out in front of me
The thought of visiting Bayeux Hospital was the last thing on my mind !!! I can report very nice inside and the staff very pleasant Hope its the last time I visit !!!

Know to the Bike , Bent forks , brake & clutch levers well bent , Head light rim , Clutch housing , Foot rest , front mud guard , brake cable , rear brake pedal , handle bars

So plenty so keep me busy once my arm gets back in to action,,,,, that could be sometime

Ian can you remember the paint colour / mix as i am going to need some !!

John

email (option): john@shootingshow.co.uk

Re: BSA M20 in for repair

Give me shout when you have the forks out John and we'll get our heads together on a straightening procedure. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Very sorry to hear that John, hope you and the bike will be back to full health soon.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi John, glad to hear your on the mend, if you need a foot peg and primary outer cover let me know as they are yours if needed.
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Sorry to hear about your mishap John...I hope you haven't done anything too serious to yourself...

Here's a picture of the bike when I used to own it, taken on the way home from the 65th. Anniversary...

photo normandy048_zps35a96213.jpg

The paint could be a problem...or at least you won't be able to buy it off the shelf...

I mixed it to match as closely as possible a NOS headlamp switchplate I had...I used late war British 'Dark Olive Drab' and 'Dark Camouflage Brown' mixed at, roughly, 3 parts green to one part brown....

You will have to repeat that process to get as good a match as you can unless you can find a paint company to mix it...

It was a synthetic paint. I got the brown from Jeeparts UK and the D.O.D from Prestons Museum in North Devon if memory serves..

So, you'll need some synthetic 'fast' thinners as well...

I recall I gave you a bit of paint with the bike...Do you still have that?...It would give you a good match for the original 'out of the tin'colour...Ian

When you pulled up at our camp, John, I commented what a lovely bike it was, so it was a shock for all of us to hear you'd been hit. I hope you get it fixed to as good as it was, and more importantly, you mend as well

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Chaps
Ron thanks for the offer,, get my arm back in action,, I will start taking bike a part,, will give you a ring

Thanks Ian I will get started on a colour match

Horror yes the bike was looking and going very well Still nothing a few weeks in the work shop want put right

Unlike my bloody arm its taking for ever , just been to the chiropractor again today

Good riding chaps be safe

John

email (option): john@shootingshow.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1