Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D-Day 2015

It was near Cherbourg, I thought I would see how good my zoom was on my camera

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

It's the famous lighthouse at Barfleur. I went right up to the the top rail one year while Ian laid in the shade below and laughed at me. My calves ached for days later. At nearly 250 feet it's the 3rd tallest lighthouse in the World. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

...I'd climbed it previously when I was touring around that area by myself, so I knew what I was 'missing'....

It's worth the climb but not something I was overly keen to repeat ...Ian

Nice to see you all as well Chaps and thanks for making Dad so welcome when we visited the campsite.

Seeing the bikes on Saturday left me wishing that I'd had mine there of course but I had a good session in Dunkirk a few weeks earlier.

photo Dunkirk Trimmed_zpsfyy5sv7w.jpg

It was lovely seeing you there with your Dad, Rik. I felt so happy for you that you had that quality time together, it must have been an emotional experience for you both

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I swam over the big pond and saw your bikes in Sainte Marie Du Mont, quite the sight we don't get to see here in the States!

email (option): mike.kaczorowski@gmail.com

Did we speak Mike? We spoke to so many! We have decided that St Marie Du Mont is a much better place to be these days than St Mere Eglise, which seems to be getting more and more like Disneyland. Ron

Ron,

I don't think so, I saw your bikes, but I was sightseeing with a few guys from the 173rd Sky Brigade (current american military) and we just walked pass the bikes by the church. I did however speak with a group of guys from Holland by the Omaha beach monument.

email (option): mike.kaczorowski@gmail.com

Ah! Those cloggies are everywhere man! Very tough guys though. They drink their coffee with twice the coffee and half the water......Strong or what? Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1