Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice find

I found an original 1943 dated Lucas WD battery in the little militaria shop in Arramanches for 50 Euros. Still mostly cover in faded green paint. Ron
 photo G 1470_zps2qcsrs8s.jpg
 photo G 1472_zpsoegnlm01.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Nice find

will hold a charge RON , LOL, hope you are having a good time,

email (option): warbikesat geee male dot comm

That is nice Ron. Did they just blow the front and sides over with green rather than paint it properly ?

I walked past that shop a dozen times last week but didn't go in as I thought it was all US re-enactor junk....

Nice!

Keep walking past there Rik!! nothing interesting whatsoever!!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net (think about this!)

All four sides are painted. The lid is actually one of Arnaud's exact copies. But I have a couple of original lids fitted on bikes when I get round to swapping one. I thought at first that the black battery case was just very sun bleached, until I wiped it over with WD40 and the green came up. The bloke had 65 Euros on it. But he immediately accepted the 50 Euro note that I gave Horror to haggle with on my behalf. Ron

That's the way, Ron. Send in some scruffy bugger who looks like he can't afford a haircut !

Everyone knows Ron can easily afford 65 Euros

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I have sat Horror down and talked to him seriously about the length of his hair. But I can see his point. He's going to need it for his imminent comb over! Ron

Bobby Charlton is my hero

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!
Well done good find...

email (option): glenn.johns@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1