Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First run...

Very nice Ian, my mate has done his in RAF colour as it's what he used to ride when he was an RAF MP dog handler. I don't know where the dog sat

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: First run...

I was having real problems starting when hot..Naturally a 'dicky' mag was a possibility but I wasn't too happy about the original fitment Solex either...

I decided to change the carb and fitted a 'Wassells' Concentric for which I 'guesstimated' the settings, jet sizes etc..

That didn't turn out to be entirely straight forward as I had to machine up a manifold to fit between the carb and barrel to prevent the bottom of the carb contacting the mag and preventing fitment..

Anyway, I got it all on and with only some minor adjustments to the settings the bike is now running better and starting OK when hot...

I've fitted a few of these Wassells carbs and have found them trouble free as well as being very reasonably priced...

Below is a picture of the carb in place with its manifold...

I can now get a rebuild kit for the Solex and fiddle with that at my leisure...

photo DSC00650.jpg

Having sorted that I've now got the front wheel off to replace the vintage tyre and probably equally vintage inner tube that was fitted, and to replace the brake shoes...

The tyre was an AVON 'Speedster' remould complete with cracked sidewalls..

God knows when that was produced (I can't recall ever seeing another) but it's finally come to the end of its working life now as it's not something I fancy trusting my well being to..... ...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1