Author
Comment
WD/RE Flying Flea restoration.......

photo 003_zpsznskhgz8.jpg
 photo 002_zpscdieft4m.jpg
 photo 001_zps0oj80aug.jpg
 photo 004_zpsmp4cku5z.jpg
 photo 001_zpswj8iszjv.jpg

Always hate with a vengeance spray painting........... But my local paint shop matched the SCC No.2 brown to a RAL colour and supplied it matt too .............

So, all in all, a successful spray day today with synthetic matt.......... ...

It is brown too, despite the flash images showing "sand"..............

Re: WD/RE Flying Flea restoration.......

Looks good Steve! since you started it, thought you dipped al the parts in molten Cadbury's!

Now all hardware cadmium plated, and Bob's your uncle.

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbXXX.net

Thanks Lex and now the fun part starts.....

I've not been able to do much recently due to my wife being recently out of hospital.......but she's slowly on the mend now.....

Excellent work Steve I have two more for you to restore do if you want , LOL, who you going to use to get the parts plated, Andrew,

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot cmm, (think about this)

Thanks Andy......no plating done yet so not sure who I'll use.......plated parts already fitted were NOS items kicking around........

I colour matched the SCC No.2 brown found beneath the green on the Flea with a RAL colour although with flash photography it looks very pale (it isn't in normal light) although is a different shade of brown to the James ML (also colour-matched) that I restored last year...much lighter......

photo 003_zpshid9tchq.jpg
 photo 002_zpsqxtnj5eq.jpg

As for the engine, this was largely rebuilt some time ago now and ready for re-fitting.........

photo 004_zpsfhk2axrx.jpg
 photo 005_zpsmi1us5wh.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1