Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stafford

I wasn't sure about going to Stafford as last time I just bought a rubber hammer but I was very pleased this time. Bought a new BSA B25 seat £100 cheaper than I could buy one on the internet, and some other B25 parts, a set of NOS early 1" Doherty air and choke levers which I was very pleased with new brass chrono speedo bezel, some tools and I treated myself to an adjustable engine stand that should fit any engine I'm going to work on Only a 5 min downpour of rain, other than that it was a warm sunny day.

Saw a Norton Big 4 for sale for £5000
Engine number S1595, Frame S25739 I've got the blokes phone number if anyone's interested. He has a box of parts behind the counter for it as well as what's pictured
 photo DSC_0081_zpsml0hkyv1.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

well that's the 3hw engine seen at Newark question solved - sold 30 minutes before I found him @ Stafford!

Anyway, bought most of a 3hw engine from a cloggy (and I don't mean - Lancastrian)so happy enough.

I am missing Cams, all Cam-drive gears and Push-rods though - so once I have sorted what I want to keep will have some swaps for any of those items....

The engine is on 0.080" oversize (72mm bore) .... more than the allowed +0.040, but still only 358cc so am asking for clarification from the AMA on if it would be allowed or not (opens up possibilities for other 72mm pistons I have....)

I've just got home from Stafford...Met up with a few of the 'regulars' (including Horror) and had a good weekend...

I picked up various bits ranging from B31 pushrods (thanks Leon), some mudguards I was looking for, some NOS Lucas parts, a 'short' B33 con rod for an up coming engine project, stainless parts including some really nice contact breaker covers for only £5 each, some parts for the sprinter etc. etc...

I also managed to find a few things some friends had asked me to look out for so all in all it was a successful weekend....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It was a good day on Sunday, Had a chat with the best dressed chap at the show, really Ian, What a fantastic hat ! and managed to pick up a few odds n sods as usual.
Glad to hear about the sprint project and am already planning a weekend away to cheer you on, I am thinking pom poms and 'give me an I....Give me an A....etc hehe

Some interesting prices on display this year though.........

Oh and Ian, try not to forget the pdf, sump guard and that ammeter you had been looking at, I don't know where I would be without you.

Darren

Hi Darren...Yes, great to catch up again this year...

It was a Royal Artillery Sola Pith helmet by the way...suitable for the sunshine on Sunday!

I'll be in touch regarding the info./parts discussed....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I missed Stafford deliberately..........heading for Popham aero/autojumble on 4th May that has always in the past revealed some nice finds.........

Taking my Dad along due to the wife (Vidya) still being unwell after recent surgery..........meeting up with Terry there from "Metal Magic" so any questions prior to I can field........

On the plus side, went to Dallas Dig-Out on the Sunday.......as usual some good finds and pleased to meet up with a number of friends, including long-term mate Rob Miller there..........

Nice to see you there Steve it was a good day for meeting people for a chat, I hope the weather is OK for you at Popham, I'm planning to do the "Cobbaton Clear Out" event this Sunday in North Devon and its not looking good at all.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1