Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton toolbox schoolbag lock

Does anyone have close up detail photos of the toolbox lock like the one in the forum photo?

Re: Norton toolbox schoolbag lock

Samuel,
Rik has close up pictures of his original lock, I'm sure he will post them in a while...
Was lucky enough to find an original prewar norton schoolbag lock toolbox without the lock and have used one from a vintage suitcase. If you do want to find such a lock search eBay under "vintage suitcase".
There was an all original toolbox complete with the lock as pictured above on eBay a while ago, but was sold for over 250GBP! I do hope I will eventually find an original lock for my toolbox...
Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

I have one on my Big 4. I found this toolbox at a Shepton jumble years ago and I think it was just me and Steve M who recognised what it was off. It even had the four holes for the waning plate. I've never known why or for how long they fitted this style to some Big 4's? But I thought it makes a rare item/talking point Ron
 photo Big 4 370_zpsoausxwxo.jpg
 photo Big20420Early20toolbox2001_zpsvidq5m5k.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, that's quite a find! As hard as 16H ones are to find, I would imagine B4 to be almost impossible.

Kostas, yes, that's what I have been doing, going through Ebay looking at old suitcases, but there seems to be about a hundred different types and I'd like to find something as close to correct as possible. I'm curious as to whether the locks were made by Norton or just purchased from an outside lock company that supplied such locks to suitcases etc... You were lucky to find a toolbox at least, I'm afraid I will have to convert mine to work, unless someone has one for sale! :-)

Here is a toolbox that was on eBay a while ago...

photo _57_zps41t5pkt0.jpg

photo _57 1_zpsbaghsdux.jpg

photo _57 2_zpsy5hwssqo.jpg

And another all original...

photo _57 4_zpsl68vkvne.jpg

photo _57 5_zpspymm5hzh.jpg

Good luck finding one!

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Notice how one lock catch is on the left and the other on the right. I've been trying to figure out when they changed, there's also one that has a smaller lock and the catch is in the middle.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Kostas, perfect, thank you, that gives me a good idea what to look for. My luck it will probably be on a 5000.00 Louis Vuiton suitcase!

Nieuwe pagina 1