Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shaft at drive side

Dear

I am trying to solve this problem (shaft groove is gone) on My M20 Engine. Any other idea rather than replacing the shaft ? Please advise.

Drive shaft photo 20150302_1918231_zpsubtuzaq5.jpg

Regards
Rofiq

email (option): rofiqmgl@yahoo.com

Re: Shaft at drive side

Hi Rofiq...That one is bad...

The only thing I would suggest is to make up some pieces to take up most of the wear and then carefully tig weld them into place along their length..

Some machining and hand finishing would make everything fit again...

Mainshafts are still available but changing them can be awkward as it is difficult to rivet them successfully...
The shafts are a light press fit into the flywheel and the rivets ensure the shaft flange is held tightly against the flywheel...

Another and easier option is to drill and tap the holes and then screw the shaft to the flywheel using high tensile countersunk screws...This is a mod used by people racing Gold Stars etc...

Replacing the entire crankshaft is the other option...The problem is shipping cost though if you can't find one locally...Ian

Hi Ian

To me the first option is the possible way because the weakness of my experience and skill. Thanks a lot for your advise. Let me do it carefully and solve the problem.

Regards
Rofiq

I have piles of flywheels for m20s you can have a set for free just pay post cost. I'm in Australia though where are you?

And that is exactly why I love this forum.

Good show, Terry.

Bruce Cooper
Houston

email (option): btcoop77069@aol.com

Hi Terry.

Do you have any to fit the 1938 JM21?

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi Terry

I am from Indonesia. Thanks a lot for your willing to help.

Regards
Rofiq

Nieuwe pagina 1