Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thoughts on this M20

Nice one Adam, Looks like this was one of the batch that arrived in the USA back in the 70s,from a British government sale in Antwerp (Belgium)if you can find the British post war markings I.e., the registration no, normally two figures followed two numbers then two figures such as KY54HJ somebody who reads this forum is very likely to have access to the KEY CARDS , that recorded these post war registration numbers and disposal dates etc., and Henk will likely be able to tell you the build date from the frame no, and engine no, There are loads of people on here to help you get it right, Happy new year and good luck with the project,

email (option): warbikes at gee male dot cmm, (think about this)

Adam,

Looks like you caught the bug. I saw that listing and it looks like a good project. My bias would be to to do a mechanical overhaul but leave the patina as it is. That's what I'm doing with my second WM20.

There are a few of us here in the US who may be able to help. Many small parts are best sourced internationally or on US eBay. Heavy items like wheels, cylinders, and gearboxes are prohibitively expensive to ship internationally and best sourced here.

Stay in touch. Post more photos of the M23. I'm in Rhode Island, and presume you are in Florida?

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Hey Adam,
I'm in Michigan, and have 4 I bought from Florida 2 years ago. Nice find.
If I can help, please let me know. I agree with Jeff, do a mechanical
and leave patina alone.
Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Jeff Bandola
My bias would be to to do a mechanical overhaul but leave the patina as it is. That's what I'm doing with my second WM20.

If it was "original" paint etc then it might be nice to leave the patina there (if it was your 2nd M20}. But as it's got a black frame and a bit rusty in places, I'd have to stripe and respray it. My 16H was complete when I bought it and even passed an MOT, but when I stripped it everything needed doing to it to make it a reliable usable bike.

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I'd do the whole thing as well...

Either into wartime spec. or, as it arrived in the U.S., in a postwar British Army finish....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1