Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos of my just-completed WM20

Detail photos of my WM20, now completed and waiting for the weather to break for a test ride.

I could still use some advice on routing the wiring.

Jeff

All fasteners OEM replated cad photo IMG_2549.jpg

Dull chrome controls photo IMG_2562.jpg

Messy wiring and cables photo IMG_2559.jpg
32mm 10GP9 photo IMG_2552.jpg

Quick-detach 525 w/ brake light photo IMG_2554.jpg

The carb is a 10TT9 bored to 32mm and modified with a throttle stop adjustment. Engine is 712cc with alloy head. All fasteners are OEM or contemporary BSC, replated in cadmium. I was fortunate to find dull chrome controls and fork hardware. Rear Lucas 525 with brake light is set up for quick detachment in case the rivet counters find me. Not that there aren't other "artistic liberties" and plain old mistakes! Please don't refrain from pointing them out.

It still needs one passenger footrest and a C number for the tank.

I owe thanks and admiration to Ian, Ron Pier, Henk, Rik, Robb Nortier and the rest of you lot! Let's hope it doesn't nip up this time!

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Re: Photos of my just-completed WM20

Hi Jeff, Your attention to detail is remarkable, a first-class job. Myself and three other guys have DR bikes in Maine. Lets get in touch. bobdukw@aol.com Bob

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

Very nice!! I really like the cadmium plated bolts and a very nice detail are the colorrings on your wiring.
Again very nice job!

Cheers,

Leon

ps when you have a first ride out, don't forget to open your oil stop!

Too posh. In all my years service I have never seen a bike looking that good, even when we got new ones but you have made an excellent job of it.

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Well done Bob. I'll be interested to hear how it goes when the weather improves.
One small thing.....Since you asked. If your tank transfers are not glued to tightly.

The correct ones are here.

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages/gallery/bsa-6076-94x40mm-pound3.50-each46.php

Ron
 photo thumb46_zps00d2171a.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Great job Jeff, I hope all goes well on the test ride

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Jeff...Looking good...Mail me after the first ride...As you know I have a particular interest...Have a Good Christmas...Ian

Thats a job well done Jeff.Enjoy that first ride, you worked hard for it!

Hi Jeff,

Is that the same bike that you brought to the BSA Owners Club of New England meet this past June? Looking Good!!

Jim

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

Ron Pier
Well done Bob. I'll be interested to hear how it goes when the weather improves.
One small thing.....Since you asked. If your tank transfers are not glued to tightly.

The correct ones are here.

http://www.classictransfers.co.uk/pages/gallery/bsa-6076-94x40mm-pound3.50-each46.php

Ron
 photo thumb46_zps00d2171a.jpg

Sorry I should have said Jeff and too late to edit now Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Great job Jeff, well done. I'm particularly interested that you bored out a 10TT9 to 32mm, and added a throttle stop Was. it complicated?

email (option): oldjunk@btinternet.com

Duncan,

Little credit due me there.

Six years ago I bought the estate of an old guy who raced Gold Stars. There were truckloads of incomplete bikes and parts, including a box of AMAL GP and TT carbs. The largest 10TT9 appears to be 1 3/16, but most were 1 1/16" as used on the A10 RR. 3 were overbored to 1 1/4" or more, 2 of which I put aside for ZB and BB GS projects. This one looked right for my 712cc WM20, like a cartoon of a 289 all pumped up on steroids.

One of the TT's had a neat mod to stop the slide from complete closure from above, using a piece of spoke threaded into the cap from behind the cable, with the butt end engaging the hole in the slide for installing the cable. You can see it sticking up on one of my photos. I'll send you drawings and measurements if you are interested.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Jeff that's a cracking Restoration, I like the sharp detail, The light fitting is also very neat, What piston did you use , andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmale.cum think about this

Hi Bob
Whare in Maine are you? The wife and I go through Maine every summer on our way to Nova scotia from Ottawa to see the father-in-law.

email (option): goodbell@ripnet.com

Definitely interested Jeff. I want to fit a 10TT9 to a B31 I'm building, and I'm taking the ports out a bit, to suit goldie valve gear. All ideas are worth considering!

email (option): oldjunk@btinternet.com

Jeff,

Is this "Shiney"? WOW, you do nice work.
I am about to make a few pillion riders footrests as I need them also.
I shall send one to you later OK?

Cheers,

Robb

For the US guys, is there someplace we can meet? I'm in Michigan. I do an
old time traditional dance called "contra" and would like to spend some time in New England.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Jeff, my compliments......

Hi Steve, I'm located in York Maine. We are trying to get a meeting together with our bikes. Stay in touch please. Bob O

email (option): bobdukw@aol.com

hi Bob

We go to Nova Scotia the end of july first week of Aug It would be great to get together. We have a couple of realy good meets here in Ottawa over the summer. If you go to the CVMG website that will give you more info on meets

Cheers Steven in Ottawa

email (option): goodbell@ripnet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1