Author
Comment
early wm20's

Have a look see at this lot Early wd m20's wd cars trains ect

http://youtu.be/iciHkbkVU8c

http://youtu.be/qCXyDyYFY6g

email (option): garypitt@talktalk.net

Re: early wm20's

on the first clip near the beginning there were 2 bikes with bent up rear exhaust pipe (S bends) don't know what make of bike they were but I never seen any on restored bike

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

These motorcycles are Nortons, not BSAs... There's a thread about this exhaust thing on the WD Norton forum.

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

There's a picture of an M20 with one fitted..(Henk has a copy)...Never a production thing on the M20 though as far as I am aware...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk...Interesting bike that one...Virtually no plated parts..Also, the odd rear carrier, exhaust mod and an early example of a pillion set up that I would assume was considered for production.

Other noteworthy features are the 'cross head' pattern of the toolbox fastener, what appears to be an extended/modified oil tank drain plug..and the 'Talflow' air filter...(why didn't they use those in the desert campaign?..).

I can't say I'd route the valve lifter cable that way either!.. ..Ian

A question abouth the levers on the earley M20 are those the same as on the picture the bowden combination levers ? photo 100_4071_zps82f81afe.jpg Regards Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

The Irish Army use these pillion seats on many of their early BSA's.

Henk

Not the taller one?...Ian

Henk Joore
The Irish Army use these pillion seats on many of their early BSA's.

Henk

Hadn't noticed that yet, but you're right Henk! (just checked some pictures with early Irish BSAs).

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Here a photo, also often leg shields

T. Schipper
A question abouth the levers on the earley M20 are those the same as on the picture the bowden combination levers ? Regards Theo

No Theo.
Those are the pre and early war BSA levers. I have them on mine. They have a little hand brake button for side car use. Ron

photo M20341_zps75dfd4dc.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

I am afraid that you need new spectacles, they are or look like the Bowden levers used up to I guess 1942/3. Not all parts are as they should of course.

Henk

I disagree Henk. If I zoom in on that picture, I can clearly see the long valve lifter and extra long ignition lever. Just as I have. I can even see the nipple less cable on the brake lever. Maybe it's you should have gone to 'Specksavers' Ron

I think we are talking about two different photos, I was talking about the photo Theo posted with the two sets of levers. I guess you had the proto type photo in mind?

Henk

Well Theo asked if the levers he shows are like the ones on the bike you posted with the turned up exhaust.......I said no! but you contradicted me!!......Bastard Ron

thanks for giving us these links. i have never seen such wonderful quality film before showing this ship and its cargo. it is really poignant seeing this. stuck in a moment of time. it is sad and amazing at the same time. so beautiful the images out of such horror. rest in peace.

Ron Pier
I said no! but you contradicted me!!......Bastard Ron

Not just Bastard, it's Dutch Bastard

Krentenbollen munching Cloggie Bastard actually... ..Not that I would ever say that of course....Ian

Ian Wright
Krentenbollen munching Cloggie Bastard actually... ..Not that I would ever say that of course....Ian

Oh what I wouldn't do to munch on some krentenbollen in my klompen right now. But that was so many years ago...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1