Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unknown twist grip

Might be james ML, the WNG had one inch bars in middle and 78ths on both ends, If its for a james ML I will buy it , andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmale.com

Ian is right that Triumph used their own unique twist grips at 15/16" on civvy bikes, in use well before the war. But as far as I know for WD bikes they used standard size 1" and late war 7/8" bars. I've never seen one of these throttles in 15/16". I have an identical twist grip on my 16H which is 1". Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Maybe its 3TW?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I don't think so Rob. I don't think they would have been into canvas grips in 1940?
Maybe some of these throttles were produced for those Impressed Triumph's that were still in service....But I wouldn't have thought so. Ron

Well thanks for the info, it would seem that it must be Triumph because of its size, so there must be a Triumph which used a canvas grips towards the end or perhaps just after the war, it may even be for the first of the TRWs?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

It's a strange one indeed Rob. Below is the unique Triumph 15/16 twist grip. I have checked in my WD parts lists and apart from the last three contracts of 3HW which had standard 7/8 bars, all the rest had 1" bars with a normal twist grip with 2 screws. I just can't imagine what your grip was made for Ron

photo KGrHqZhgEWE89vWkBQLQGcztw60_121_zpsfb83d01c.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1