Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Goodwood Revival

I went up on the Sat what a cracking day, will go next year with a bike, good to see Ron and some of you , andrew

email (option): warbikes at gee male .com,( think about this)

Each to their own.........we won't be there again........had a long discussion with Peter about the event and not for us after sampling it for two years...........

Goodwood is a decent event, and a good opportunity to promote WD bikes.........but it is also a long-haul Thursday PM to Sunday and far too static for me with little riding involved............the daily crowds too are simply too much.....you can't go anywhere quickly......a bit like the London Underground at rush-hour but all day.....and I dislike crowds intently.......

But, as I opened with, each to their own.........

I had a great five days. Here is some footage that my son Danny took. It's us and a commentary about some of the WW2 history of Goodwood, narrated by the March family.
http://youtu.be/a_2BMQTH2TE

Also I was strangely attracted to these George Cohen creations.....and Bobbers are not my thing The first one was built for and collected by the current Lord March. Ron

photo Goodwood107_zps4aa65b81.jpg

photo Goodwood105_zps7eab7ba6.jpg

photo Goodwood121_zpsfcd82e8e.jpg

photo Goodwood123_zps9ecac0a1.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Did you get your knee down then Ron ? It's a race track, after all !

Not quite Rik. But I did get up to 55 mph at one stage We do two laps every morning which is only supposed to be on a parade. But we do mix it up a bit and have fun with the Mods and Rockers.

On another note, I did get chatting to a New Zealand guy for about 1/2 hour about Big 4 parts. Turned out to be Ken Macintosh who was over here with a Manx and an Inter which some famous guy was going to race........Nice Bloke! Ron

Ken's a thoroughly nice chap to deal with. There are quite a few of his parts on my 16H...including the best part of one of his Manx clutches....

Does he do any Big 4 stuff ?

Ken told me that he has 2 B4 engines (rebuilt) A side car chassis, three wheels a petrol tank and some other parts. He said he's far to busy to hunt for the rest of the parts and needs to find someone with a frame/forks etc for a coming togetherness

Quite a few in the Antipodes, so I'm sure he'll find someone down there. Ron

Ron Pier
..... some famous guy was going to race........Ron

Kevin Schwanz that would be. Link to Kens blog below if any are interested.
It covers Goodwood and Bruce Anstey racing a McIntosh Manx at the recent Classic TT
http://mcintoshracing.wordpress.com/
Iain.

Hi Ron,
I thoroughly enjoyed the Goodwood Revival and thanks for being enthusiastic about the BSA WM20s I was buying from Ireland.

Well, they arrived earlier in the week and I am pleased with them - but would like to try and find some history on them.
Both appear to have matching engine and frame numbers. The restored one is WM20.115625 and carries C5556325 on the tank and the other is WM20.108159 only.

If you or Henk can help me with any identification that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards
Paul

email (option): Robins-4@NTLworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1