Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Combination Levers.

Just spotted a set of combination levers on e-bay.Made up from some original and some pattern parts apparently.Seller is "Dean Hoare" I have had some stuff off him before which was o.k.Item number is 231319153039. I know some forum members have been looking for these recently,so thought I'd mention them.Mick.

Re: Combination Levers.

Combination Levers does that mean you can only use these levers with a side car fitted

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Roger, back in the old music hall days, you would have been pulled off the stage with a long shepherds crook

I notice the the valve lift lever on the clutch side is nothing like it should be.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There's a NOS set from Greece on ebay at the moment as well....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Not near as expensive as these pre-war Norton levers, offered for 250 euro's each side!!!

http://www.dutch-lion-motorbikes.com/nl/motoronderdelen/norton-clutch-lever-combo-1

http://www.dutch-lion-motorbikes.com/nl/motoronderdelen/norton-clutch-lever-combo

But these are for bikes up to 1935-36, not the WD ones as far as I have been able to find out, the WD combination ones, I'm in the process of having cast.

Cheers,

Lex

ps, anyone interested in the levers, let me know, they offered me a slight discount!

email (option): welbike@welbxxx.net

That's interesting pictures Lex, can you post or send me some pictures of the WD type for comparison please.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Pictures sent, and here a couple too.

Rob v/d Brink is still searching through the various parts lists, there are different numbers for 16H and B4, but that we've seen before with exactly the same parts, so does not necessarily mean that the parts were different.

I will only make the triangular bracket, as the rest is relatively easy to find.

As you can see, I have the parts drawn in 3D, and printed out a left and right sample (one click on the computer and you'll have a mirror image!!) in nylon, so it can be used as a pattern for casting, but it needed some revisions, and a new set is on the way.

Cheers,

Lex

ha lex zijn deze ook voor de vroege B4 of moeten daar de standaard norton op .
gr marcel

email (option): mgd.jansen@online.nl

marcel
ha lex zijn deze ook voor de vroege B4 of moeten daar de standaard norton op .
gr marcel

Translation: "Hi lex, are these also for the early B4 or should there be the standard ones on it?"

Answer, yes yours should probably have this type.

But there were at least 4 types used from 1938 to 1945, all Doherty, will try to get it documented a bit, but may take awhile.

Cheers,

Lex

Hi Lex I have a 1937/1938, BSA B21, 250cc, and wondered if you know what the levers would look like as I don't have a parts book yet,, Andrew,

email (option): warbikes at gee male .com,( think about this)

They might be the same as C10?? Ron will know I guess, have pictures of those, email me direct please.

Or best look on Leon's website:

http://home.planet.nl/~leonhop3/1938_b21.jpg

Levers do look the same! but difficult and also pricey to get!!!

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1