Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Netley Marsh Jumble...

Was there today saw a few of the crew, Ron stev, tim Ian Henk, Barry and many others, picked up some NOS WD BSA and Norton bits Nice NOS late Norton levers at £15, each and other stuff, 350miles round trip , nice steak and a spitfire, Feet up and On her majesty's secret service on the telly

email (option): warbikes at gee male .com,( think about this)

I've never been there on a Friday and there was quite a few poeple. I got a few bits and collected my new G3L project which is now striped and ready for prep work. I met a few of the lads including henk. It was a good day and good weather.

Thanks Barry

email (option): Mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

left Rochester at 6.30 on guzzi, stopped for full English at Hogs back got to Netley at 8.50 a good day got some small items plus oil,met a few chums inc Andrew, then made my way back via Brighton, Tun wells, 250 miles, sore arse, now downing a few jars!

email (option): barryrapley@sky.com

I've just got back from Netley...Met up with some of the regular forum members and a couple I haven't met in person previously...

The weather was good but trade wise this was by far the worst Netley I have had in the 18 years I have been going there...Little of the usual 'buzz' and very few sales for me....

Despite that I enjoyed being 'in amongst it' for a few days and picked up some nice bits and pieces for current and pending projects...

For M20..A NOS, boxed, DU42 reflector and seal (thanks Henk)..NOS M20 cams (2 pairs) 4 NOS gear indicator plates, various new bits for the gear change ratchet assembly and a NOS valve lifter assembly...

For the T120R project a cast aluminium, finned points cover to match the Raber flat track primary cover I already have and a 'Super Practic' throttle assy...The type I like to use on all my specials that is no longer in production unfortunately and getting harder to find...

I also picked up a couple of useful tools, some good quality fuse holders, other consumables and of course, my usual large bag of various stainless fasteners...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I've been home for a few hours now and did quite well with selling the last of my jumble stock. I unloaded my van, had a shower, then got a phone call from my friend and neighbour, Indian Tony to say that his Indian 741 had broken down at Bournemouth Square.
So off with the van for recovery purposes. A quick roadside check confirms that his coil has died. I'm now waiting for Henk and Leon to arrive at my place for a shower before we partake of the local Harvester Pub for a meal......All good

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nice to meet you Ron and Ian. Saw how well you did Ron, we did OK, sold a couple of bikes, one which we didn't even have there (both Hondas). Same buyer for the one we didn't take, also wants a look at another 3 old japs we have in stock.

Saturday was pretty slow after Friday, which was a bit bonkers for us. Noticed a few of the sellers from some of the other jumbles we do, had booked stalls just to get in on the Friday, so they could buy cheap stock to take to Beaulieu up the road (or take home for ebay!!! GRRRRRR!). This left a few gaps where there could have been real stallholders. Bearing in mind a few stall holders can't get stalls every year as it's usually fully booked, I think it's a bit rotten.

Next one for us will be Hamstreet, then Ardingly, then a pretty cold Kempton to finish the year. Hopefully I'll pick up a few bits to get on with my long-term M20 "bitsa" project. I'm determined to use bit's I've got from jumbles only. Who knows, may even put a few pics up some time, maybe when it's got wheels on!

email (option): oldjunk@btinternet.com

I thought this years Netley was one of the worst since it started, and I have been to every one, bar one.
There was a time when I'd go Friday and Faturday, but always Friday best.

For parts this years found it overwhelming dull, hardly any vintage stuff a lot of tat.
But oddly enough on the way out I found two bits I had given up hope on finding, a set of vintage sunbeam cases and a pre-war Matchless prop stand.
Its funny also how certain items seem to run in gluts, lots of Gold Stars on offer, and I have never seen so many upright Norton gearboxes for sale for a long time.

I have to say a big word of thanks to David Wright of the IoW who sells on ebay as 52thunderbird for trusting me to send him the money for the prop stand which I have sought for years, as I had run out of cash.
Top bloke.

[and if anyone has an AMC footrest with a weird lug on it that they dont know what it is, its mine!]

email (option): deadsheds [ at ] yahoo.com

I personally know two ex stallholders who were at Netley only to buy stock to sell on e bay, where they now do all their trading...

A sign of the times I guess...As a Netley 'regular' for most of the 21 years it's been there I have seen that particular jumble decline gradually but substantially over the last 8 years or so...

People leaving to do Beaulieu in the same weekend, e bay and no doubt the recession over the last few years have all had an effect...

The springtime Stafford is still the place to make money despite the very high overheads (£200 for my pitch this year, plus 400 miles worth of diesel)...If that gets into trouble it'll be time to think about joining the rest on e bay.... ...Ian

I loved it at Netley, great to meet up with everyone from the forum (too many to list) and have a few drinks down the pub. Bought a few 16H parts I was looking for and a lot of stuff I don't need but had to have, including a paraffin road workers lamp

Then went to Beaulieu, which was my first time there. The people leaving Netley, left about 6am to avoid the queues, so on that advice I got up and left at 6.30am. I saw a sign for the car park but this wasn't near the site, but saw the shuttle bus taking people there. It looked odd so I asked if I was to park here and catch the bus and they said yes the buses are running all day. Got to the Beaulieu site and found out I was over the other side which was for traders only..! I was in the traders car park for vehicles without passes ( it was early and I was half asleep) I knew the bus had just left so was going to be ages before it was back. I had to walk back to the car park and drive to the correct place. It was 7.30am and I was first in the queue..!! Doors didn't open until 8.30 and there was no sign of anyone else I knew Gates to the jumble open at 10 and I'm stood in a crush of people, by which time I was completely fed up, hadn't had any breakfast or even a cuppa and could quite easily have left.

Thankfully I'd arranged to meet Rik, who was a lifesaver, and turned a crappy start into a pleasant "rivet counting" afternoon The show is far too big and not enough bike bits. Some interesting stalls there though, but nothing that leaped out at me and said "buy me".

I must say that everyone I've met from the forum have been great company, always willing to help, and people I look forward to seeing, cheers

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror...Yes, it was great to have a sit down, a cuppa and to catch up on news of the latest projects etc...

I have to say that all practical considerations aside (selling stuff) it's the social side of jumbling that I really enjoy and the ferreting about for those elusive parts.....

It happens I didn't sell very much this time but that did mean more time for 'chin wagging' without so many interruptions from customers... ....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1