Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 Aluminium Cylinder Head

come on chaps call a truce, were here for the beer , not the fight,I enjoy my hobby and keep my business out of this , (nothing to do with WD bikes)but should the subject remotely come up will maybe put my two p in , am on hols off to futurescope today, enjoy yours, andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmale, (think about this)

The cheerful help provided to all who post here won me over years ago. I went from a Gold Star snob to a WM20 enthusiast because of Ian, Ron Pier, Dave Plumb, Henk, Rik and many others. This is the best old bike forum on the planet, and I will defend the site and its principals as long as I can still shout.

How about Dave Plumb finding a trove of valuable old parts and offering them to us at fair prices rather than flogging them on eBay? And Robb Nortier buying 4 US WM20's last year and offering to the chaps on the list at cost? Ian, who developed the pistons for the 720cc WM20 and advised me on every step of my project? Trade? Try free and honest advice to all who enquire here!

Jeff Bandola

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Many years ago on the Brit - iron web list ( predates forums ) we got into this sort of debate.
Now i would like to point out that any one who posts on a list is just a bunch of electrons wizzining around in cyber space and as such no one ever should be taken as gospel truth.
Now for all I know 90% of you could be cleaners at a local primary school goofing off with the governments computers and is reality it matters not who some one is, or what some one is , was or will be.
All that matters is what gets posted is factually correct
I do try to check every thing I post and where I have not preceed it with ( from memory ) and where found to be wrong I try to go back in and correct my post after acknowledging who ever corrected me.
Putting credentials down is always a BAD IDEA as it inferrs that this poster knows what they are takling about & should not be questioned, thus it styfels debate and changes an open forum where every ones views should have equal weight to a technical lecture. And then who is going to police the credentials ? Dose the fact I have a degerr & 5 post grad diplomas mean any thing? Or is in fact the former a bold faced lie to make me sound impostant ? How many people on the list actually know who I am ? Does it really matter ?
now Ian did acknowledge his corrector which is the proper thing to do & I am sure he will go back in and edit his post with the correct data ( hint ) which is all one could & should be expected to do

email (option): wariron@tpg,com,au

This is silly...
Ian is known to everybody here, and he is one
(If not the most, without insulting anyone else of the good and appreciated contributors..)
Important contributor to the forum, and was always prepared to happily help anyone hare or off-line,
And share his vast knowledge.. Ian never hid his trade, and when thinking of manufacturing
GOOD parts, to the benefit of all, he always checked here openly if it is needed, providing the specifications,
The price it will go for, and the expected date of availability, so no secrets at all..

People can sell on this forum whatever they like, traders or not, and believe me, Johan,
That solicitors and scammers are being exposed here in seconds, and all members are warned.

Ian, keep on being wonderful !

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Ian, i hope for a quick recovery of you.
I also disagree with John, but on the other hand, everybody is allowed his own opinion.

Back to the cil heads; if i remember well there was an article in the Classic Motorcycle a few years ago about a guy who had an AJS v -twin without (proper) heads. He made them himself one way or another.
So it shouldn't be to difficult.

Thank you for all the support from forum contributors on this one...I really appreciate your kind words...

It is great that you all show a real determination to support the values and attitudes that are prevalent on this site (an on no other I have seen)

Very rarely does an open forum function and 'self police' so effectively...I think that reflects the fact that many of us have become friends both on and off the forum and we really do respect each others knowledge...and there is a huge amount of it available here from all quarters...

I have to say personal criticism is scarce on the forum and long may it remain so...there is nothing to be gained from that other than bad feeling...

I feel I've made my views plain in my own defence and think most of you know them anyway, so I plan to say no more on the subject this time....Back to bikes.... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1