Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum photo

As children, woe betide any of us if we did not eat everything on our plate at dinner time. We would be informed of how things were in the hongerwinter in excrutiating detail. Me - I had a particular aversion to brussel sprouts which were served regularly in our household. As a result, I am now the family repository of all my mother's hongerwinter stories.

To think my WM20 might have thumped around Holland in 1945 is a delightful thought.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Re: Forum photo

Hans, That was a great story and I am now reading the site regularly. My family is from Poland and ended in Siberia. I just received my uncles memories of the ordeal as he recalled during those times starting at an age of 6 in 1939. With the amnesty and travels to camps in Africa and eventually DPs in England. My mother is working on hers now and she was around 11 when the Russians invaded. Most except for an uncle moved to Canada where I'm from.

In fact I'm head home to visit in about a week but stopping at a friends place to celebrate his dad's 101 birthday. He spent time in the Pacific at Guadalcanal and the Philippines as Master Sergeant in the medical corps.

Thank you for sharing.
John

email (option): jangofla@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1