WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bastard son

What about this?
http://www.musketvtwin.com/home.html
A guy has built a rather tasty bottom end which accepts Royal Enfield jugs and slots into the standard frame (with slight stretching)

I rather like this myself...

I remember seeing this after he scratch built his first one. From memory, he's an Indian guy, and did it in his spare time in his shed over 2-3 years. I did think the barrel's were a bit far apart, but much improved to my eye since he's tightened them together.
Since we're talking specials. Here is the Indian/BSA special that I built. It's a 500cc engine (bored out to 580cc). Loads of torque and will knock spots of my 600cc M20.

Ron
 photo IndianS256_zpse0c25c6d.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I do love that bike Ron, you've done a great job. The engine looks like it belongs there and not just wedged into a frame.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Cheers Dave. The old WD/CO seemed a tad gutless when I took it to Poole Royal Marine camp the other day After using my special lately. Ron

I went to the Wednesday bike meet last week and saw this. Not a bad replacement for a 16H engine Sorry I couldn't get a very good picture as the sun was so low and bright.

photo DSC_0620_zps0a4bf207.jpg

photo DSC_0622_zps3edb77ef.jpg

photo DSC_0625_zpsb0669688.jpg

That's a tight squeeze and really fills the frame. It looks great. Is that an actual Matchless engine? The Brough boys must be spluttering into there pink gin's. Ron

I can't find the NOC magazine that it was in, but from memory, it's built from new parts from a supplier who produces them for Morgan three-wheelers.

No one would 'dare' to do that to a Brough but a WD16H is fair game !

The cylinder head fins are sideways on the Morgan engines (Like an M20 Clifford engine). I guess he has modified heads? And castings with 'N' on them.

Very clever.

Ron

The original front down tube has been cut away and replaced with an "S" shaped tube to clear the exhaust. The 16H frame and forks were quite rough and pitted, it looks like he's rescued it from the scrap heap. He's managed to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear

photo DSC_0630_zps71d05afc.jpg

Nieuwe pagina 1