Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
no frame number

hi all, bit of advice needed, just been offered a 1939 m model frame complete, but no docs with it ,also there is no number stamped on it, if i want it, i can collect it from stanford hall on sunday, having no number on the frame makes me a little bit worried, is it possible to have a frame restamped, anyone done this, was going to put the goldstar motor in it, but this has the sidecar lugs on it, they did use the m23 frame for the gold star engine so a chair could be fitted. the chap wants 550 for it.
any help would be great..curt

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

Re: no frame number

I saw it on ebay and I am pretty sure that it isn't a 1939 frame. Both front and rear frame are wrong to be that early and it's certainly not an M23 frame.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

hi henk, its not been on ebay. will send you a pic. curt

Weren't the early frames (KM) stamped at the very bottom of the front down tube? Otherwise how can anyone tell what year it is Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Early M model frame have a different saddle lug, on the early frame it's part of the rear tank mount bracket while the late frames have a small cast lug brazed just in front of the tank mount bracket. As far as I know all K and early W year models have the saddle lug that is part of the tank mount.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

pics of the said frame.

some frames from BSA were supplied unstamped for competition purposes.

My B31 has a frame the same as that. I can only presume someone got hold of an M20 frame, then re-stamped it at some time. It had competition plates on when I got it, so it probably started life as a plunger. Stamped up as a ZB31, from '48. I'm actually after a rigid B31 rear frame if anyone's got one to swap, I'd like to make it all B31.

email (option): duncanfairley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1