Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Desert Color Scheme

Ron I quite like the German desert colour very close to your triumph colour if not the same,The brit colour to me looks a bit bright although in the field it must have bleached quickly due to the strong sun,Numbers in black look good, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmale.com

Hi all
I have a different symbol for 7th armoured

photo 7th-armdiv-1st_zps7bb92a6b.jpg

Yes Andrew, I also don't like the primrose yellow that seems to be indicated as the British desert colour by some of the military paint suppliers. I know the British Army used a stone colour, this colour I have used is called Dunkelgelb. Which has a German ring to it
I note that there are several forms of the 7th Armoured Desert Rat (Gerbil) right up to the current version. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I also used 'Dunkelgelb' (dark yellow) on my M20...It's definitely easier on the eye than the British Desert colour...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

WOW!You guys are sure helpful.

I'm using "Desert Tan" on mine from a small manufacturer in Mobile, Alabama. I do not know how close I am to original, but is sure looks good. I appreciate the photos and knowledge.

Right now, the frame and tinware are almost complete. Just the wheels needing tires and the oil line connectors (into the crankcase) need to be found.

Why wouldn't the "rat" be put on the side of the tank like other units?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I'm sure the rat and unit markings would have been applied to both sides of the tank. But Mark wanted his as per a picture he has of a motorcycle with 1RTR.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1