Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting old photos recently found

My daughter bought this story to my attention.. It's a fascinating story.

http://petapixel.com/2014/07/01/soldiers-camera-photos-battle-bulge-found-foxhole-70-years-later/

I think you will have to copy and paste it onto your web browser

Re: Interesting old photos recently found

Very interesting indeed. You can see, for example, the light overcoats the guys were wearing, and the bloody awful conditions.

email (option): duncanfairley@btinternet.com

Sounds nice, but it's a rather sick hoax, and don't understand why people do this?? (Am not blaming you Peter!)

Here the link: http://petapixel.com/2014/07/01/soldiers-camera-photos-battle-bulge-found-foxhole-70-years-later/

These pictures, in good quality are in the US Wartime Archives for years and years, and can be found too in this book:

Spread the word please about this, there's already too much nonsense in the internet!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@xxxbike.net

Thanks Lex for researching and sorting that one out. There's some sick people out there.

Great historical knowledge and research skill Lex. Thank you for being a myth buster.

email (option): lm1morris@yahoo.com

Oh, that was a while ago!!

But no thanks, just sort of stumbled over the evidence.....

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net

Hi Lex,

Hope your keeping well,

Intersting pics ! .... "The Battle of the Bulge" is one area of the Second World War that really interests me, and yet I've not had the fortune go out there as of yet !

I'm normally found paying my respects in Normandy, Ypres, and Dunkirk on an annual basis .... I must plan a trip to the Ardennes !

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1