Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
w.marshall stamped on a case.

any info. i had this bsa side case sent to me as a m24, but i don't think it is because of the breather boss down by the crankshaft boss, but under the mag area is the name. W. MARSHALL.any one have any idea's what year this is from ,for what ?

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

%%bbCodeItem_2%%

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

Re: w.marshall stamped on a case.

No idea about the stamping but that is the correct place for the early breather on an M23 & M24.
It did not stay there for long about 2 years from memory ( read I am too tired / lazy th get the books out to check ).

email (option): wariron@tpg,com,au

weren't Marshalls military vehicle body builders and vehicles reconditioner and still are I think

Wm marshall were makers of tractors thrahing machines and so on in Gainsborough Lincolnshire . In ww2 they made navel guns and also midget submarines. I do not think this is the one you are after .

And the completely mental, single cylinder diesel, 'Field Marshall' tractor...If I was into tractors that would be the one for me...(no M20 jokes please. ..)....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Curt,nice early engine number,number three off the production line,
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

It went to Godfreys, London W1 on 10/12/1938 according to the frame book...and on 10/1/1938 according to the engine book !

I have the impression that the despatch clerk at BSAs regularly turned up pissed or at least with a colossal hangover because the books are so full of errors and alterations

Ian Wright
And the completely mental, single cylinder diesel, 'Field Marshall' tractor...If I was into tractors that would be the one for me...(no M20 jokes please. ..)....Ian
Yes and they leaked the same amount of oil as an m20 and vibrated about the same.

Nieuwe pagina 1