Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cam Spindel Exhaust - 65-2526

Not sure if anyone can help me on this,im hopeing someone can tell me the part number to use, or maybe someone has a copy of the original drawing as to get one made .
On the 65-2526 cam spindle exhaust - ( not available) 1 B/M 1952-62
What part number is used in it's place?

Cheers

email (option): johnnybgood42@hotmail.com

Re: Cam Spindel Exhaust - 65-2526

Hi Johanny,

first of all, you can pull out one from an old motor, if you have one,
But I founf somone who sales it:

65-2526 CAM SPINDLE - EXHAUST (FLAT ON) - M20/B34 ETC £20.00

http://transgarp.dyndns.org/motorcycle/pdf/TRIStock.pdf

http://www.burtonbikebits.net

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Hi Johnny...Later M and B Series engines had the cam spindles marked 'in' and 'ex'..The reason for this was that a small 'flat' was machined on the back of the spindle, on the end where it fits into the crankcase...

This was done to eliminate any chance of the pressure exerted by the cam spindle in the crank case affecting the main bearing housing dimensionally, at the point where the spindle is closest to the bearing housing...

No wartime engines had this feature and in that case the inlet and exhaust cam spindles are identical... WD spindles both had the part number 65-2545..

These earlier spindles are identical in other respects dimensionally so can be fitted as an alternative to the later type and can have the flat ground onto them to suit if desired...

Note on the sidevalve engines that the cam followers are also for inlet and exhaust fitment respectively so don't mix them up!...

The head of the exhaust cam follower only is hard chrome plated to negate the effects of higher levels of heat transfer present in the sidevalve engines.

OHV engines use the same (inlet) type for both cams....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for that ,
ive serched Burtons nothing comes up so ive sent a email.

Thanks for that Ian , i ve cot it covered now i think .

.cheers .

Nieuwe pagina 1