Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mufflers

Anyone know who make fishtail mufflers for pre-war M series bikes? I thought armours did once but can't find any in their catalogue.

Re: mufflers

Surely they do an Ariel or Velocette type that looks similar?

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

Douglas you could ask on the 'C' site. You might know that Pete works at Armours. But better to email them direct on sales@armoursltd.co.uk
They definitely make fish tails for other makes.
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well I looked up a catalogue again and now they seem to appear? But it does say to ask so probably not on the shelf? Good news! tThis is what we had in mind but for an overheadvalve model.  photo 1938_m21_zps7dddfd04.jpg

I actually gave this silencer to a friend who built this WB29. It was erroneously fitted to a WB30 that I restored. Ron

photo b29_zps53932dfc.jpg

Mufflers are something you wrap round your neck to keep warm.

What you want is known as a silencer. That the thing that fits on the end of an exhaust pipe, not what the yanks call a header.

Still in Britain not the USA when I woke up this morning.

Sorry, but this creeping in of American terms for old bike parts irritates the hell out of this cantankerous OAP.

Today is Pedantry day.

email (option): deadsheds [ at ] yahoo.com

'Header', 'exhaust pipe'.. 'muffler', 'silencer'...

I guess on an 'international' forum you can't really blame someone for using the term most common in their own country.... ...

As long there's no 'text speak' I can live with it...prolly ....Now that is bastardising the language...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Douglas

I have a number for a chap who does a pretty good job on bespoke pipes, he has made me a superb copy for my M20, I won't put his hone number up here, but if you want it, email me and I will send it by return.

He is in Rossendale, Lancashire.

Regards

Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

Hi Douglas

I have a number for a chap who does a pretty good job on bespoke pipes, he has made me a superb copy for my M20, I won't put his hone number up here, but if you want it, email me and I will send it by return.

He is in Rossendale, Lancashire.

Regards

Darren

email (option): dwrudd at lineone.net

here;s what came with my pile of parts, it looks correct.
%%bbCodeItem_1%%

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

This is photo 007_zps1aad955b.jpg what it will be going on. The existing one is too short and looks silly.

I wonder if a good sheet metal fabricater could add a bit in the middle? Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1