Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Registration numers

Gary ,don't go down the Q plate route, it will devalue the bike, also cost you more to insure.as Ron says get the dating stuff first.are you in the V.M.C.C. or most clubs do a registration service.
curt

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

gary ,that should have read as dave says, i was reading a post from ron as well.

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

With the closure of the local licensing offices, the burden placed upon the club dating officers has increased enormously. The system is still sorting itself out and requirements seem to be in a state of change.

It's not always possible to get away with what someone else has in the past. The best advice is to contact the owner's club and follow their advice to the letter. Assuming that your numbers are in order and the club gives a positive appraisal, an age-related number and exemption from tax and MOT should be provided.

The clubs will now normally require photos, rubbings of numbers and quite possible an inspection as well.

Regrettably, things seem a bit unsettled at the VMCC at present. The one make club is likely to be the better option.

Thanks for that guys ,
I have all ready contacted the. Vmcc to date the bike
I was wondering what the form is called that I need eg v62 for ect

email (option): garypitt@talktalk.net

Nieuwe pagina 1