Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Picture Tail Lamp

wade, this company has made parts for me in the past. they make parts for british bike/cars as well as the jap stuff.
just thought i would say that before someone moaned about japenese part link. curt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Benly-JC56-JC57-JC58-Tail-Light-Lens-New-/111264632142?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e7e38d4e

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

Re: Forum Picture Tail Lamp

Curt, that is a useful connection to a company who isn't afraid to tackle rare bits.

Lex, not having examined the red lens so closely, I hadn't realized that they are glass. Having them made from plastic won't make a bit of difference to the look and they would be easier to handle.

It would be useful to have a glass in hand as a sample. Would you please PM me with your email address as the one posted won't send as shown.

For anyone in need of the proper wedge of rubber that the lamp sits on in the plate holder, then Jeff Hunter is the man: jeffalanhunter@aol.com

Jeff Hunter Engineering
35 Sandgate rd
Hall Green
Birmingham
B28 0UN

He makes a remarkably good reproduction for about 5 GBP. The 1939/1940 Ariel tail lamp mounting rubber part number is: #6130-39

It would be easiest to start with a new brass lens ring and then fit a new lens to it with a bit of cement. I should be able to press them out after making proper dies. Of course that would require dedication and that is the tough part.

Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1