Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M20 engine sprocket

Ian,thanks for your input, as the 20 tooth sprocket is already fitted, I will try that and see how it goes in Normandy this year if not I will fit the 18 tooth one and give that a go, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

For a dollars worth of Mig wire just weld up your heads if you want a cheap performance gain! Honestly you won't ruin anything and a dremel takes care of head shaping. I know I'm harping but it's so simple! ( I have had a scotch)!

Your right Douglas...'Discreet' improvements can be made that are not expensive and will give more performance....I have gone with enlarging the engine and a moderate increase in compression ratio but this is relatively expensive to do...

It gives a good improvement in performance particularly in the mid range where it is most beneficial for climbing hills, with reasonable increase in the comfortable cruising speed...It certainly makes my bike far more practical for the longer runs I do periodically and there is the added benefit of an improvement in fuel consumption figures....

I fully accept the argument though, that by making too many changes you alter the fundamental character of the bike and don't get the true 'M20 experience'....

In my case I've had that experience on numerous occasions previously, so I'm fully aware of what I'm 'missing'.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1