Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheap 6v 8Ah Cyclon sealed batteries

My little gel battery in my 16H has packed in and even my normal 6v 4Ah battery isn't keeping charge, I thought it was time to get something better. I know a few people that have said the larger gel batteries wont fit in the battery box. The Cyclon 6v 8Ah fits easily and has more power. My local battery shop wants about £23 for one of these, but a search on ebay found this bloke selling them for £10, that's gotta be a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251473278125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Cheap 6v 8Ah Cyclon sealed batteries

Horror. The 8 amp Cyclons will fit or you can fit 2x 5 amp Cyclons.

That is cheap! I buy mine off Mick Ash at the jumbles and his are up to about £15 now for a 5 amp.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I bought one of those a while back, its a bit too long to fit in a battery case though,

They fit fine in my replica WD type boxes..I think you might struggle with a hollowed out original.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The dimensions of the battery 135mm x 100mm x 50mm, as Ian says, it fits easily into one of his battery boxes. At that price I may get a few more for the other bikes

I guess with the new NiFe cases you might get two in and could have a massive 16 a.h. in reserve... .....Ian

yes Ian, i am strugglig with a hollowed out original....too tight to pay £15+ for a repro one, however two of Maplins small dry batteries fit in. which is about 8 amp.

besides I try to avoid repro parts on my all original mongrel bike. I Would'nt want people to nit pick.

So I'm not going to get rich and retire young selling quality replica parts to you Ken... ....Ian

Nope, you'll do well to sell me much at all, I need to shift enough junk as it is.

All I get is, I hope you aren't going to die and leave me to get rid of all that stuff in the sheds.

no mention of being missed

I reconditioned an original horn and with my old 4Ah battery it made a pathetic farting sound if anything. I was going to take it apart again and shim out the diaphragm, I've just tried it on this new battery and the horn is very loud and doesn't need touching again I'm very pleased now, I can spray it and get it on the bike. People can't keep telling me I've got a post war horn on the bike then

ken
Nope, you'll do well to sell me much at all, I need to shift enough junk as it is.

All I get is, I hope you aren't going to die and leave me to get rid of all that stuff in the sheds.

no mention of being missed

Ha, you too eh? I call it our retirement fund, QFU calls it a pile of junk that she'll have to get a backhoe in after I'm gone just to clear it out!

Nieuwe pagina 1