Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funny thing in my side stand

In the long side stand is something loose, a piece of steel bar in the tube that goes "clunk-clunk" when I shake it. It was a NOS one, and when I grit-blasted it no sign of tampering, it must have been inserted during fabrication. Why the h*ll is it there Enquiring mind desperately wants to know

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Re: Funny thing in my side stand

Maybe the previous owner was a diamond smuggler?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

I think it is some exces solder, inside that has come lose.

Cheers,

Leon

email (option): ljvbekkum@hotmail.com

It is probably a piece of weld splatter.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That reminds me of the bad old days of british car manufacturing, there is a story of a man who bought a new car to be driven mad by a constant clunk from some at the back.
The dealer who sold it to him was also baffled.
Inthe end it was tracked down to a spanner dangling on a wire that had been deliberately left in between two closed sections.

might be an urban myth I suppose.

A friend of mine worked in a Triumph dealers, they had in a new Triumph 2000 with a rattle on the offside. After near on tearing the car to pieces they worked out it was in the sill. My friend cut open the sill and found in it a milk bottle inside of which was a ball bearing, stuck to the bottle was a note saying "rattles doesn't it".

email (option): iandot clare1at virgin dotnet

a friend brought a ford Granada cheap because it had a bad wheel wobble had them balanced but the wobble was still there had the tyre taken off to have them replaced they found a golf ball in each tyre I wonder who the previous owner upset

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Like the parts scattered all around the white Cadillac
in the movie "Le corniaud", with Louis de Funès..

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1