Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Soda Blasting

I had a lot of vapour blasting done three years back, on gearbox and engine casings and copper pans !!!, got to keep her indoors sweet haven't you, although most kept wrapped up in polythene/bubble wrap, there is very little sign of surface oxidisation yet I don't believe any final surface treatment was applied, I have tried soda blasting in my cabinet and with a water trap (very large)but still cant stop clogging of nozzle and pick up, my compressor is a 100 CFM diesel driven. The cabinet is a commercial one about fifty years or so old came from Chatham dockyard, and works wellish with coarser media, I have never been totally happy with the pick up and blast system and will look round this spring to upgrade this part, but I am blowed if I can successfully use soda, It could be that the soda gets damp is it hydroscopic perhaps? do I need to store in warm place till I want to use ? sodas no good on rust or paint but good on ali ,brass carbs ect,andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Re: Soda Blasting

HI rob
Had my harbor freight blast cabinet for awhile now.....have all the same problems you claim,i end up putting three industrial size air dryers inline next to each other and rapping my vertical air tank in a water heater blanket....seems to have solved my moister problem.(air dryers were free,work in a very large scrap yard or they would be expensive).

Tacomacompany offers a conversion kit for this cabinet,very nice and very nice and expensive 249.00 USD, i will be working a little over time to purchase this....they have a video on youtube and products on ebay...cheers rob.

email (option): frankschenk09@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1