Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum picture

All three bikes look to be in good shape so newish perhaps,, is the guy in the middle a trainer, (shiny boots and gas mask ), nice micky mouse camo on truck,The style of the very fancy,serials done the same way ron has his Perhaps painting style is regional ,andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Yes Andrew these are early WDC's with the internal pull twist grip and fixed levers on the handlebar. Jan has one of these ready to restore.
I have several styles of stencil font on my vehicles, but this is my favourite style. I always want to call it "Times New Roman" But stencil font styles go into the hundreds, if not thousands. So I'm never really sure what it's called. Fortunately Axholme Signs make it and they simply call it "Style 1".

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron I like that style of lettering and haven't got a bike with that style on yet, and will put on my G3 when tank re sprayed, By the way in what year did the delete of internal twist throttle finish on the RE WDC,Just curious, Im looking for one for a 250 OHV BSA B21 1937/1938, I'm told cornacopia make them,andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Andrew, I'm not quite sure on the Enfield WD/C thing. Maybe just the first one or two contracts had those internal pull twist grips. Jan will know for sure.

The grip was complete and original on my WD/D but not so on my 1939 C10. I was able to get the missing parts from Cornucopia (Peter Long). I think he's the only one producing those parts, although I have seen other dealers selling them.
Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
Andrew, I'm not quite sure on the Enfield WD/C thing. Maybe just the first one or two contracts had those internal pull twist grips. Jan will know for sure.
Ron

The early WD/C contracts (C/5107, C/5654 and C/6125) had handlebars with integral mounting points for the clutch and front brake lever, plus “pre-war style” AMAL twistgrip. The later contracts had the rubber sleeve version twistgrip, and detachable brackets for the levers.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

The female riders in the shot, interestingly, although members of the ATS (Auxiliary Territorial Service) are actually both ex-members of the FANY's (First Aid Nursing Yeomanry), from the early 30s also known as the WTS (Women's Transport Service)..........
The early stitched ATS cap is worn, with ATS badge, plus the early pre-41 ATS jacket with 3-pointed upper pocket flaps and a built-in false belt around the waist.........on the upper sleeves you can see the pale khaki oblong patch that carried the designation "Womens Transport Service - FANY" in maroon......ex-FANY's were permitted to wear these titles on their ATS uniform of their former formation..........note also, the private purchase horse-riding jodhpurs worn rather than the male cavalry style breeches......
This photo is no later than 1941 on account of the uniform worn......

Nieuwe pagina 1