Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
16H Rear Stand and Spring Installation

Reinstalled my rear stand yesterday and used a method suggested a while back - fit the spring to the loose stand/frame and pull the stand back horizontally into position. The spring tension then holds all in place (stand is in the "up" position) until the pivot bolts are fitted.
Worked a treat , and certainly much easier than last time when i stretched the spring onto the already fitted stand.
cheers
iain

Reinstalled my rear stand yesterday and used a method suggested a while back - fit the spring to the loose stand/frame and pull the stand back horizontally into position. The spring tension then holds all in place (stand is in the "up" position) until the pivot bolts are fitted.
Worked a treat , and certainly much easier than last time when i stretched the spring onto the already fitted stand.
cheers
iain

oops that was interesting, a "connection timed out" note came up when i posted this and when i log back in it has come through 4 times - hopefully Henk can tidy up.

cheers
iain

Re: 16H Rear Stand and Spring Installation

IanB lad, you need to get that stammer sorted!
P.S another usfull dodge is to fit washers between all the coils, fit to stand, then pull all the washers out with pliers,easy

email (option): barryrapley@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1