Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
forum pic

I love these pic that gets posted, you see a ready good snap shoot of the times, looking at this pic, can anyone else see the monkey in the pic..curt.

email (option): sosalancurtis@aol.com

Re: forum pic

On the push bike... ...Ian

I can see one white mug and one brown one.

They're wearing Mk3 helmets. Would that mean 3rd Infantry Div or Canadians ?

Yes,

On the left bike there are two men. The one with the battle jerkin is sitting on the saddle while the one in front is holding his Lee Enfield in his right hand.
Or he's just walking left beside the left bicycle.

Regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Look at the rolled up coat..It makes a monkeys face... ...Ian

Is that a snorkel or a periscope on the jeep in front?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

Look at a zoom of the rear window near the 77 there's the cheeky fella

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

There are definetely not two men on that parabike. You can see a second front wheel pointing in the same direction as the bike behind him.

The backpacks of the soldier on the parabike do show some monkeyfaces to me as well.....

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

There is a Chevrolet C8A HUP or HUA, distinguished partly in front of the willys MB, marked with a "77" unit number at the rear right side.

Can someone tell us more about that?
What do we know about the soldiers' units showned on this photo?

Kostas

Rob Miller
Is that a snorkel or a periscope on the jeep in front?

Rob

Most likely a snorkel. I think this photo dates from D-Day, or just after. All the vehicles in the invasion fleet were extensively waterproofed, with a heavy grease applied around the ignition and other places on the engine, and a long snorkel tube that went from the carb, under the unlatched hood, and wired to the windshield frame. For the US vehicles, waterproofing instructions were printed on the back of a US flag sticker that can be seen on the windshield in many D-Day photos. They were instructed to remove all this stuff as soon as possible after landing.
One of the parabike riders is wearing an "invasion" vest,too.-not seen for very long after D-day (they were usually discarded)

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1