Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lacquer supplier

Lee did you spray each item with lacquer, using separate guns for paint and lacquer or wait till assembled, and spray large lumps, by the way, natty stamp on pannier straps

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Lee...After putting it off for a few years yet continuing to use it, my M20 got to the point where it really did need a thorough overhaul...So it's now in bits and getting the back to bare metal treatment for the third time in 29 years!

When you were posting during the rebuild of your bike I liked the idea of the lacquer top coat for enhanced durability and was impressed with the results you achieved...So here we are finally...I'm giving it a go on mine!

I now have the matt lacquer sorted with some help from Ron so will experiment with a few small parts to see exactly what finish I get...
I've noted your comments ref: matting agent...Ian

andrew hemsley
Lee did you spray each item with lacquer, using separate guns for paint and lacquer or wait till assembled, and spray large lumps, by the way, natty stamp on pannier straps

Hi Andrew

I sprayed each item separately and assembled after a couple of days. After 100 or so painted bits I'd had enough by the end but I'm glad I did it. I used separate guns but with a damn good clean between paints, 1 gun might do the trick

email (option): lee@leedavey.co.uk

Ian Wright
Hi Lee...After putting it off for a few years yet continuing to use it, my M20 got to the point where it really did need a thorough overhaul...So it's now in bits and getting the back to bare metal treatment for the third time in 29 years!

When you were posting during the rebuild of your bike I liked the idea of the lacquer top coat for enhanced durability and was impressed with the results you achieved...So here we are finally...I'm giving it a go on mine!

I now have the matt lacquer sorted with some help from Ron so will experiment with a few small parts to see exactly what finish I get...
I've noted your comments ref: matting agent...Ian

I'm looking forward to seeing it Ian. 2nd June 2014 if not before

email (option): lee@leedavey.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1