Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James ML exhaust info wanted

I have a few ML exhaust silencers (the one on the front) and they seem to be of different construction, I have two that appear genuine old ones, one is still attached to the engine and a bit of the frame where it has been cut from, so this one definitely wasn't from a restored bike, so I'm presuming that it is genuine, this one has brazed on end covers. I also have one that is supposed to be genuine and has quite deep pitting on it, so I guess it pre dates the repro ones too. This one has welded on ends. I was wondering which one was correct, or are they both correct? The welded one has supposedly come from a wartime ML , the one that came with the engine that was cut from the frame could be post war as it has traces of maroon paint on the frame, however it could be the maroon paint that was applied to a lot of WD bikes when they were civilianised, does anyone know for definite which one is correct? Or were both types used depending on if they had brazing or welding rods available at the time?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1