Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mystery wheel?

Not G14.The G14 has the standard M20 hubs front & rear on 18" rims.The front brake drum on a G14 is a M20 rear drum with no teeth.Sam.

email (option): smarwick@iprimus.com.au

here's a pic of an Enfield V twin looks like the same riveted brakearm. Could some clever puter nut blow it up and check?  photo KGrHqRlQFF8WGKKmqBRhmRDYtWQ60_57_zps9fb83cf3.jpg

I already looked at models K and KX. Most Enfields have a distinctive re-enforcing plate through the centre of the brake plate and a curved brake arm.
"A process of elimination my dear Watson"
Ron

photo Scan-130809-0003_zps2207a6c9.jpg
Here is the wheel from your picture which looks like the straight rivet brake arm. Enfields used that riveted idea on rear arms for sure. You can't see the re enforcing plate, but I think it's there.
 photo Scan-130809-0004_zps453f7edb.jpg
You can clearly see the plate on this 1930 Model K, which is one of the few with a straight brake arm.

photo Scan-130809-0005_zps92662e13.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Douglas..Magnified, the brake operating arm in the pic of the RE V Twin you posted looks identical....The brakeplate also has the raised, radiussed edge...That could well be the one..That's a very late example of the Enfield twin isn't it?..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I see your point about the strengthening plate Ron but can't see it on the later one?

Douglas I have a large book that covers all models from 1930-70. Flicking through the pre war pages, it looks like most models over 250cc have that plate. But of course lots of the pictures are drawings like the last one I posted, and some are photos with shadows. As far as I can tell, all the heavies have that plate. But I wouldn't swear to it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1