Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Normandy 2014...listen carefully...

Ian as before see previous mail, I am happy to plan a trip around the falaise pocket, Richard my son in law a keen M20 rider will I'm sure want to help as well He has booked time off from the 2nd of June next year, as well as myself ,but he is in Normandy as I type, sorting out this years visit to our House , Put me down for a marshal or whatever you want, I will be there You will not get a response after 5th of Aug.andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Andrew...As you have suggested this idea on the forum I'd propose that forum contributors give their opinions here initially on whether this is something they would like to do...Perhaps you should start a new thread on this subject and outline your proposals further...

The 'closing' battles of the Normandy campaign took place in this area, culminating in what, for the Germans, was the disastrous and virtually complete elimination of an entire German Panzer Army which had counter attacked in an attempt to 'split' the Allied front....

Falaise and back is a good days riding from Etreham...perhaps you could provide an estimate of the total mileage so that the trip could be better assessed?...

The date for a potential trip will have to be chosen so as to dovetail in with other tour arrangements...but that shouldn't be problematical.
You will be responsible for all other aspects of planning and execution...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

no problem Ian but might not be able to start thread till after my return from hols Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

And a good place to have a stop is Fresney-le-Puceux, where Lance Corporal Don Fife stopped on his way to Falaise at that small chapel to show his Norton, and where in 2010 we placed a commemorative plaque....

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Hi Ian
I have no wish to be involved in the organising of the event Very happy for FRL Media Group to cover and film the whole event ,I wish to be very much on the outside to get the right feel for the event , but be very much involved outside to get the right feel for the final footage , my team will consist of Myself , Keith Summers , Alan Shackelton , Roland Hilder , we will all be filming the event
Jamie Wells will be collating the footage in our media outside broad cast unit that will be located on the camp site , My brief,,, to produce a documentary of the whole event ,hope this meets with your approval
John

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

Hi Ian,

2014 will be my first trip to Normandy. I know nothing of the event nor do I have first hand knowledge the areas to be traveled. However, I have been an event producer, and am adept at functioning as a liaison. I also have much experience shepherding and directing large groups of motorcyclists. I am a fair motorbike mechanic, and I can read a map. I would be happy to assist in any way I can, should my help be needed. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for everything you are doing for all of us.

Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

John your filming expertise will be invaluable. The rules for our Guinness World Record run include that the whole 2 mile parade must be filmed start to finish!!
It will be a load of my mind if I can rely on you and your crew to undertake this. Regards Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi John...I've mailed you direct at 'Field and Rural Life'...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

PM sent Ian, regards Ian.

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Hans WDM20 58764
And a good place to have a stop is Fresney-le-Puceux, where Lance Corporal Don Fife stopped on his way to Falaise at that small chapel to show his Norton, and where in 2010 we placed a commemorative plaque....

200 bikes up that lane Hans.......Are you mad?

Ron

Well, the few people living there will ALWAYS remember

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Hi Ian

PM sent.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Hi Ron
Ya I will sort the filming of the run , no issue this end , will sort with you later
John

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

Good! Thanks John.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1