Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stealth WDG3L?

So was it you who bought it barry, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

yeh i couldant resist. luckily i sold the unfineshed 16H yesterday and had some cash for the matchless. so ive got two G3Ls to build now, most of the other one is all painted ive just got to find an engine and gearbox now..
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Good move if you have bought it.

you won't need me to rummage through my odd bits for the other one after all,

knock it out on ebay is my advice.

I reckon you got a good deal there mate.

email (option): ggoodwin68@gmail.com

It's a small world, Barry. A friend of mine from Belgium came over to pick up the 16H from you (I've just heard). The frame and forks are going to have a 600cc pre-war Inter engine installed. I had an idea that something like that would happen to it.

ken im still after a engine and gearbox ect for the other one??
hi graeme it was a good deal, im very happy with it.
barry

I can help,with both but you'll need to be patient. theres a tractor in the way for one thing...........
you have the other one already painted?

follies of youth, generally I look at it, then walk away for a bit, then think about it for a long while.....

More important owning up time

who on here has just outbid me on a Matchless fuel tank? someone who bids on militaria and bikes parts..
come on own up

hi rik is is a small world indeed, the chap who collected it was a very nice person, he didant really say much on what he was gona do with it.
as much as i wanted to finish it, i just lost interest and found it hard to get parts so i had to let it go and i think it made a good price to.
thanks barry

not guilty on the fuel tank..
the bikes already to be put back together, i got some new nuts/bolts from kempton and im awaiting for a pair tyres, im gona go for 3.25 19" front and rear.
barry

bloody quick work that.

If you are rivet counting that'll be a Firestone rear and Michelin front then?

oh, don't forget the arrow mark.

Just short of £400 for that fuel tank, a nice pre-war panel type with good paint and lining, bet someone has some green paint and a WOG3 waiting for it.

Criminal and I am weeping into my cocoa.

you'd have had your bits sorted quick if I had won it though.

o well ken, another will turn up.
im just gona go with the ensign universal block tread type tyre from vintage tyres, i think they look good and there cheap.

Hi Barry.
Just on the off chance if you want to sell the ( spare?) inner chaincase i'd be very interested! You cetainly seem to have a good buy there. You've got most of the bits that are missing on mine! Regards. Paul

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

hi paul thanks. i might have a spare inner, il have to sort out whats what and ill let you know.
thanks barry

Hey guys,

I have a 41 G3L on my build stand at the moment. Seems a lot of us have them.

Should we ask Henk to creat a separate section for the G3Ls like he did for the parts for sale?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

hears the frame of the other one, the colour is a type of olive green BS10C39..
i think it looks good.

photo G3LFRAME.jpg

hears the latest G3L after a good steam clean, note! lots of matt green under the black, whats with the rear lamp? and it looks like there was some sort of marking under the lamp..

photo G3L.jpg

photo G3L1.jpg

photo G3L2-1.jpg

Hi Guys, I have been collecting data on surviving G3WO's and G3L's for about 10 years and now have details of about 200 surviving bikes. I would really appreciate details do the frame and engine numbers of your bikes if you would'nt mind. If you are happy please email me direct. Much appreciated John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Judging by that rear fender, looks like it took a direct hit by a machine gun attack Great find there!!

Many thanks Barry. I'll await your news when you've had chance to evaluate what you've got.
Regards
Paul

Hi John
I think you've already got mine!!!
I should be retiring next week if the solicitors would stop thinking up new questions to ask about my sale of the shop so I'm still at the collecting bits and pieces stage but hope to get started shortly.
Regards
Paul

Nieuwe pagina 1