Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odds and ends

Has anyone had a problem with the studs on the clutch pulling out. I am talking about the 6 studs which hold the cover over the plates. The big nut and spring go on after. Two of the studs have pulled out with just the right amount of tightening The metal is very thin. I will have them all tig welded to make sure it does not happen again. Has this happened to anyone else?
I want to find out if there is any service info out there on my bike. The plate is missing on the tool box and I would like to get a replacement if possible. Obviously removed as there are 4 copper rivet ends still showing inside the box. There was also a tag attached to the rear carrier which shows "20 thou" which I presume means the engine has seen work. I know it came out from BSA during Nov 1940 and was commissioned to be used with the Signals Regiment but that is it. Any more info inc CA number, Army reg number, appreciated.
Chassis Number 29226 Engine Number 29216. Green log book issued 23 Aug 1966 gives it a reg no JAU92D and a stamp on the log book states 'Government vehicle before date at (j) below' (23/8/1966). Richard Holt has given me a website where I can get a blank plate. Again thanks Richard.

email (option): araine11@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1