Author
Comment
russel motorcycles mail

could anyone have a email address for russel motorcycles

do they offer a postal service as i cannot manage to place an order

regards

Re: russel motorcycles mail

Hello David,

You need to fax Les on 02079244273 with what you want, include a contact number and he will call you back. Alternatively contact les on 02072281714 (always very busy though), he does not work Mondays and has no email.

With regards to delivery he posts items very quickly.

Hope this helps.

details are on their web site.

I've Been dealing with Les since the early 60's he's ok chap but remember he's around 70 now and has little patience with fools.

fax him and he'll fax back with prices etc.
Give full details and part nos according to their site, not yours.

It works well.

Hi Dave,
A fax with as much info is the best way. As Ken says, Les is now in his seventies. He also has to look after his partially disabled wife. His brother has retired and his son has no interest in the old stuff. Les has told me his son will quite happily weigh it all in for scrap. Lets hope not!
Thetwo days they are shut he is busy compiling orders and sorting parts from his warehouse.
Be patient, Les is one of the best.
Cheers, Mick.

Mick you forgot about his mum who he also helps to look after. She is in her 90's. It seems Les was down his warehouse for 6 hours last Sunday and ended up with heat exhaustion and so was too ill to come to the shop till Thursday It can't go on for ever!
Still I expect Bantam John will buy up the stock

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

"Still I expect Bantam John will buy up the stock "

NOOOOO!!!!!

End of service if he takes over.

I have joked with Les about it. But he assures me it won't happen.......But who, what, where?? Ron

The son does the odd Jumble, he was at Netley last year, or the year before, can't even remember when I last went.......and I am sure the Matchless AJS club would have an interest.

What a lot do not realise is that the shop is just the tip of the iceberg, the famous "warehouse" is down in Kent, I know of no one outside family who has ever been there; 12 Nissan huts of the stuff, much never yet opened, was once let slip to me by one reliable source; it may of course been all BS but these are the folk that bought the remains of the AMC factory, loads of ex govt stuff and many of the British bike shops that closed at the end of the good days.

They also had Myers Motors in Forest Hill, London SE for secondhand stuff, first call for me for old bits in the 1960's and a yard in SE26 where all the RAC Norton combos ended up, I can recall a long line of them down Venner Road all waiting for the chop.

It might be a tough call for someone.

Ones things for sure in this day and age the stuff will never get weighed in for scrap!

ken
details are on their web site.

I've Been dealing with Les since the early 60's he's ok chap but remember he's around 70 now and has little patience with fools.

fax him and he'll fax back with prices etc.
Give full details and part nos according to their site, not yours.

It works well.

When I was in London recently I had the good fortune to visit Russels I found the service outstanding and he had the brake parts (fulcrum pins) I was missing, I had over the two weeks prior tried to ring to verify availability but each time the phone rang out with no answer which concerned me a bit but I went anyway. And found the answer as while he was serving me the phone rang several times, but he continued the search for my parts even though I urged him to answer the phone. I could wait the answer was they will ring back if it is important. Re Kens comment I am around 70 now but intolerance to fools started 50 years ago so it is a desirable trait as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

Ron FTLDU

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Les's sons have no interest in the old stuff. They are making far more money with the modern stuff. Les's brother Geoff Meyers retired from the shop years ago and sells the same stock on ebay and at Southern jumbles. He has also become a lot more friendly and polite since doing so. Ron

I have found both Les and Geoff, Fair and extremely well tuned in to our stuff, but without a doubt Geoff seems more relaxed now but as I m 67 next month I get on well with both of them,as am also in business and les knows me through that, I do know where the famous resting place of all the kit is but was told not to tell so I won't, but It will be sad to see it disappear into a large warehouse for it to double in price we shall see, Andrew .h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

The Myers family are far too savvy to let it be weighed in.

i live down the road from Russell Motors, as you say, they are always helpful. Both Les and Geoff have always been really helpful to me. The twins do all the modern stuff including MoTs and while i still needed that they were always helpful. They are one of the few things that havent changed in Battersea. I do hope that when Les does retire - if he does - that there will be some way of keeping the old M20 etc business going. Their level of knowledge is unbelievable. here's wishing them all well. peter

Hi Pete, we may have done this before, but before moving to sunny Devon I lived in Vardens Rd, keep meaning to pop back for a look

I know it. i live off Battersea Park Road. I can remember when they were selling Matchlesses for £69 which looked brand new - wished I'd had the money at the time. all best peter

Nieuwe pagina 1