The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm putting my money on Ian

Jeff Bandola
I'd like to start a kitty to help Ian defer some of the enormous cost he must be generating in this project. We all have a stake in his success.

I'll start by making a $50 donation via PayPal.

Jeff
Ian how about sponsor ship on out side of dustbin, there's got to be some mileage in that, (scues the pun) Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Re: I'm putting my money on Ian

how about having our/sponsors name on the fairing like the Vulcan bombers bomb bay doors

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: I'm putting my M20 in the dustbin.....

From my dim memory of boats (low cost plastic ditch crawlers as GRP was known). The gel coat needs etching and the paint might be cyano-acrylate. A phone call to Tankards at Weir quay if they're still going should get you an answer.

Cheers Pat

Ian I've found a really good painter & motorcycle guy up near me, Terry. He has a couple of rather lovely Norton cafe racers, he's just restored a WD 16H which is immaculate, he does something once and does it properly every time, a perfectionist. He's just done some painting for me, which included a fiber glass seat unit for my cafe and he's done an awesome job, he actually re-did somthing another painter I used did and ballsed up. He's resprayed a Honda BlackBird recently that was also his and that was stunning too, he's the kind of guy you could ask 07900 934634. I won't be using anyone else for my painting, he is very helpful and no-doubt will tell you.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Hi Kit...Thanks for the tip but I generally do all my own spraying...I just need any relevant tips on the preparation and primers needed for fibreglass which I haven't sprayed before...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

I spent many years working on caravans, and when getting them ready for paint I usually sanded the gel coat down with something fairly course, approx 400 grit, then gave a light coat of etch primer, then usally a high build 2 pack primer as the fibreglass was never the smoothest of surfaces. I usually rubbed this down with some 1200 grit wet and dry before the top coat (using panel wipe before application of top coat).

I never had any complaints and never had any problems with the paint not adhering to the surface. Other people might have different opinions but this always worked for me.

Glenn

email (option): glenn_mullan@postmaster.co.uk

Thanks for the info. Glenn.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1