Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miller back light for flea

I finally managed to fabricate the back light for the Flea, I don't think I'll try to roll the edge that retains the lens next time! What a job trying to get that correct but I think it looks ok.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Miller back light for flea

Hi Dave,

That's a work of art!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I've got the bits cut out to make another two, but I'm needing a suitable lens, what I'll try on these ones is a press tool to try and crimp the lens in place

bagsy one !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

That is really good Dave. No criticism what so ever, just a heads up. The little fixing screw is at about 11 o'clock.....for some reason. Ron

photo Lightweights085_zps7b011530.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
That is really good Dave. No criticism what so ever, just a heads up. The little fixing screw is at about 11 o'clock.....for some reason. Ron

Yes, that's right at 11 O'Clock, all my originals had it there, small BA round headed screw.

So there was one critisism! one more, the back of the mounting plate has 4 holes, where the fiting is rivetted to, and Lucas only 3!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I noticed that the screw went in at the 11 o'clock position on Rons, but I looked on the parts list for them that Ron emailed me and it looked at the 12 o'clock position on there, so I wasn't sure, as for the number of rivets I've not seen any pictures of the backs of them, I thought 4 rivets looked excessive! (Anyway who's counting rivets!) I can turn the lens cover and re drill it so that's no problem.

OK, will take pictures tomorrow, am knackered!

Btw. there's no drawing of the tail or front lamp in the parts list.

You probably mean the maintenance manual?

Cheers,

Lex

I'm not sure if it was the manual or parts list, it was something Ron sent me, it had part numbers on it unless it was from a Miller parts list.

I just read the previous posting and a couple of emails I've just had and it looks like I will be making more of them, but I'm still stuck for the lens, the one on mine came from a military bicycle lamp of some kind if anyone wants one can they get looking for a lens.

The drawing does indeed look like the screw is at 12 o'clock. Probably the bloke who drew it was smoking some of Henk's herbaceous border I'd guess the screw is 4 or 5BA. Ron

PS Dave. I suggest you make some for all those Velo MAF owners also.

photo Scan-130624-0006_zps257d0f8a.jpg

Dave Im up for a couple, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

By the way dave what's the Od of the lens it it glass or plastic is it smooth or ribbed in any way andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Here is a close up of the lens. Miller used this same lens on at least one other type of civy lamp. But I don't know the application (Lex gave me one once).
I have picked up a couple of these other type by mistake (Corgi I think) But they are about 1/4" too small on diameter. But with the correct lens and rim it's easy to glue it in place in the body. Ron

photo G653_zps05a21eab.jpg

photo G659_zpscfaa4522.jpg

(Lex gave me one once).....

I don't want to know about your personal life Ron... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Well since Eric the Yank dumped me for a parachute

Oh Ron, stop making Ian jealous!!!

Here a picture of the back, you don't really see the rivets:

Ps, you can butcher a Lucas mounting plate, exactly the same, except the 3 rivet holes, trade you the tubular bit for the plate Dave, have a quantity. Lens not required.

Cheers,

Lex

I was thinking of getting the backs laser cut from sheet, I also looked at getting the lenses made, I'm not sure if I should just knock up a couple more, or get a small batch made, the main problem is to find the time with all the day to day jobs in my workshop so I'd have to sub contract the job out, not sure which way to go yet.

Nieuwe pagina 1