Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlamp bulb

Ok, I was checking bulbs today on the WD/C and my low beam is burnt out. So I need a new bulb. I looked on hitchcocks and all I see are the pre-focus bulbs. I have the old bayonet fitting. Does anyone have a part number for this bulb or recommend a good replacement of upgrade?
Thanks
Jesse

email (option): V8zspeed @ yahoo.com

Re: Headlamp bulb

You need to check your bulb holder but normally, you'll have a 15mm bayonet fitting. The generally available replacements are 36/36w which will overtax the original 'short' dynamos.

Paul Goff does 15mm BA15D 25/25w 6v halogen. I've got one of those in and it does the job. If you squint through the glass, it's possible to see that the bulb does not have the original large 'envelope' but the illumination in combination with a re-silvered reflector is pretty good.

Rik, thanks for the reply. I got on one order this morning.
Jesse

email (option): V8zspeed @ yahoo.com

Hey Jesse,

Can you get a couple of those for me? Paypal will be forthcoming.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

with a re-silvered reflector is pretty good.
Hi Rik, have you had this done? If so, how much and where did you have it done at? Also do you think that it is worth it?
Regards,
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Dave... Try this company no idea of up to date prices but have used them in the past http://www.vintage-headlamp-restoration.com/electroplating.html Dave

Thanks Dave,

Checked out their website, Looks a bit posh, no mention of Lucas lamps though. I will drop them an email, and see if they will do the glass. Cheers.
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi

May not be ideal as this is from Australia, but the on,y option I could find for 6V BA15D was a 25/25 halogen. Now fitted and is good. The dynamo copes, giving some back at anything above tick over.

http://www.bmhstore.bmh.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=290

This maybe available in the uk too. If not someone could make it, as that is what BMH ate doing think?

Richard

email (option): dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

Talking of bulbs ,I have original bulbs WD marked war time dated 1944 (some you take a chance on what's unpacked) these are single filament 36watt, or 24watt the24watt ones are labelled LV6/MT SBC6volt 12 in a box both have Equal pins, and double contacts These are as tough as a rough service bulb, I leave them around on the bench, maybe they were built stronger, seem to be very thick filaments' have used them as 12volts seem to last why? three pounds each £25 box plus postage,max one box per sale I only have a few boxes, pm if any one interested, spose should have put this on the for sale side of the site Sorry Henk, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1