Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M23 1939 500 2 port Upswept Exhaust system

Hi all,

I´m getting my M23 back on the road and now I´m changing the bad shaped exhaust pipes and silencers for the right ones, but not sure how the original looks like.
I consult it with Armours and they make the upswept ones with some welded brackets to holding the pipes to the head I think with springs.
Was the original pipes free of any welded brackets (holders) or if have some welded on does anybody have some photo or drawing where they was located.

Or anybody have used the Armours pipes and silencers on 1939 500 model.

Armours are free of any modifications so want to specify it as close as original .

Thank you very much for your help and Best Regards Lukas

email (option): brody007@volny.cz

Re: BSA M23 1939 500 2 port Upswept Exhaust system

I think you need to speak to Leon on this Brodacky. He is our pre war BSA expert.
I think this should link you to his site. http://home.planet.nl/~leonhop3/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: BSA M23 1939 500 2 port Upswept Exhaust system

Brodacky,

The 1939 M23 is psecial in having horizontal flat brackets that fit onder the saddle mounts. Cornucopia Enterprises is the only firm I can think of that advertise making the 1939 M23 exhaust pipes and silencers. Peter Long is a bit of a strange bloke to deal with. I would ask pictures of the pipes first before ordering them. If he realy makes the right model pipes they shoud have the horizontal flat bracket. All the other models have vertical brackets that fit to the side of the frame instaed of under teh saddle mounts.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1