Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: D Day

Sorry couldn't be with you lot in Normandy, this week, still got to go to cut my grass, bet its two foot high, And as the banter is very quite Cos you Lucky people are away enjoying yourselves, and in keeping with the June the sixth WD theme we ,went down to wales yesterday and picked up my new WD flea, very original just a few missing parts when civilianised in 1946,still got the original canvas handgrips under the perished rubber ones, factory tool roll with original Enfield tools,miller head light and switch and one folding footrest, matching frame and engine numbers,to contract Found In OandM,s book, It has John bull tyres dated 1956 in nr mint condition but side walls cracked,This bike was built for the very last delivery from Enfield to WD,in 1944, any way you get the picture, very pleased, if I get the cosmetics finished in time it will be at the race to bridge in September this year with two other fleas my grandson Zac, son in law, and peter Skelton, if we can prise him away from his para bike collection LOL, on his very original wellbike Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Lee, I will look out for you at Weymouth for a chat, I am always torn between taking the Katy or M20, anyway these once a year meetings cant go on, would be good if you make Buckfastleigh this year.

After bumping into the folks who organise the Isle of Wight 40's weekend I signed up for it only to discover it's the same weekend as Buckfastleigh! Shame as it's my birthday weekend and was looking forward to a ride across the moor after a slice or two of birthday cake. There's always next year.

I've also bought a 4-wheeler and have told the wife it'll be a better investment than my under-performing pension. That way, as soon as she says it's another toy I can say 'No Dear, it's for our future...'

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Love the I.O.W. when you see simon and the gang please say hello from the Larkins, they will know who you mean, we used to take our Bedford OYD (my Daughter Abbie still owns it) over and always had a great time, I will see you at Weymouth for a chat

I wondered why my ears were burning. Back from Normandy at 11 PM yesterday. We didn't have a spot of rain during daylight the whole week, but the wind was awful and bitterly cold sometimes. As usual the skin is falling of my nose face and lips. Me and Horror were both feeling a bit ill all day yesterday, after an excessive night in the bar with a troupe of about 50 theatricals from Paris. One of the best nights I have had in years. I even tried mussels for the first time....Yuk! A bit like licking phlegm of a tortoise .
I got on extremely well with the new owners of the camp-site. There are several horses on our camping field.....But they assure me that they will have eaten them before next June Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Who puts picturs online? Look forward (I haven't been there, but next year I will!).
Peter

email (option): Pics?

I haven't visited Normandy during D-Day week and am looking forward to 2014. Just need to work-out whether I take the wife which would involve taking the caravan or do I go it alone and kip in the back of the van, saving a chunk of money on ferry fees.
Ps. Anyone know when the best time to book the ferry is? Is there such a thing as an early bird discount?

Re: Normandy 2013 Best wishes..

Firstly I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear the news about your Dad, Ian. I had my 50th birthday the weekend before we set off for Normandy and my Dad died that morning as well My family told me I had to go to Normandy as I'd been planing it for 2 years, and I told the undertakers they can wait until I get back, which they were happy to do. So I'm now sorting that out

Anyway, enough of that and back to the fun of Normandy

Here's Ron licking phlegm off a tortoise and a few more pictures.

photo Normandy2013039_zps877ea88d.jpg

photo Normandy2013042_zps8c509fb6.jpg

photo Normandy2013394_zps8e82ec66.jpg

photo Normandy2013395_zps60387749.jpg

photo Normandy2013404_zps0478f082.jpg

photo Normandy2013116_zps9ae13f15.jpg

photo Normandy2013148_zps679553fc.jpg

photo Normandy2013422_zps8bfcb149.jpg

photo Normandy2013423_zps9aaa9351.jpg

photo Normandy2013273_zps2835b440.jpg

photo Normandy2013276_zpsc4214f84.jpg

photo Normandy2013278_zpsdf3e5fbb.jpg

photo Normandy2013425_zps3ce29310.jpg

photo Normandy2013427_zpsa0d4b89e.jpg

photo Normandy2013428_zps84f13cb4.jpg

photo Normandy2013429_zpsff2dab5c.jpg

photo Normandy2013433_zps20737093.jpg

photo Normandy2013314_zps004a386c.jpg

photo Normandy2013336_zps2ce1ddf5.jpg

photo Normandy2013345_zps64e6f0bd.jpg

photo Normandy2013347_zpsd49b474b.jpg

photo Normandy2013358_zps2762f31a.jpg

photo Normandy2013359_zpsde6bf5ba.jpg

Here's a picture of the lovely ladies who looked after us all week and made us feel like part of the family
 photo Normandy2013370_zpsdc9de1fd.jpg

Unfortunately the camera I took was rubbish and most of the pictures are too blurred. Most of these ones were taken with my phone. So if anyone's got pictures, please can you e-mail them to me. Thanks

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I take a year off and it turns into a group of 'Bosnian irregulars' on a piss up... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Madame Gondree at Pegasus Cafe was very pleased that we parked our "Little Bikes" on the cafe forecourt, and when I reminded her that I once interviewed her for a news bulletin about the old museum.......She gave us free bear and coffee Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Another ride out of "Ron's Rabble" we met the little French bloke in the US uniform talking to Tim with the cowboy hat on. He was one of a group camped up in a church yard in a town we went to. He came out of there camp blowing his whistle like mad and pointing at us. We thought what does this Tw-t want.. Still blowing his whistle he got us all in the church yard and gave us free beer

It was terrible being forced to drink all the time

Where is the gay commando Dave ?

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The desert colour was quite obvious in Normandy, maybe I was coming back from N Africa. Yes the coat did make me look very "happy" and I feel I added a bit of class to a scruffy bunch. I think it's the Gok Wan style to DR uniforms
I know you want it really John

photo photo2_zps9959fd0b.jpg

photo photo4_zps22440980.jpg

some of those "troops" need a haircut and shave...............

Horror
Another ride out of "Ron's Rabble" we met the little French bloke in the US uniform talking to Tim with the cowboy hat on. He was one of a group camped up in a church yard in a town we went to. He came out of there camp blowing his whistle like mad and pointing at us. We thought what does this Tw-t want.. Still blowing his whistle he got us all in the church yard and gave us free beer

It was terrible being forced to drink all the time

I hope Tim told the French bloke to stock up on beer for 2014!

ken
some of those "troops" need a haircut and shave...............

Most of those "Troops" are luck if they've still got hair

Hi

We had some fun, but not on the roads but off-road

Would make a great forum picture in black/white!!!
Peter (M20/nz 350)

email (option): p.pauwels@hetnet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1