Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bolt action Enfield

thats far too much,andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Thats interesting Ron, I once spoke to a gun dealer in Pennsylvania who had some of those launcher cups for sale, they came with what appeared to be a brass motorcycle valve lifter lever and cable which hooked up to the trigger so the thing could be mounted outside the carrier and fired from inside. The cut off action in Canada was I was told "In a gray area" Not really a problem here in Maine.

It must have been a really good one!!

It would have been cheaper to buy one from a dealer....

I have about 16 Enfields in my collection. All work as I am on this side of the pond. I just found a WWI Enfield that was converted during WWII into a .22 for training. I have been looking for over 20 years for a nice one, and found this one just down the road from where I live. I also have the enfield that was converted over to fire the 410 shotgun shells.
The Enfield is a very nice rifle.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

At school we had a few converted to shoot .22, a long time ago down the ranges I knew of a mate who had a Bren that fired shot gun shells semi auto. Used to really enjoy firing a Bren. Sten guns were all over the place, 9mm Browning was fun and the Enfields were great weapon, we had several, but were getting tired, the accurate ones were lovley. My favorite was the British SLR. Still, a long time ago now as the gun laws in the UK are very tight. In many ways I'm glad they still are as clearly only very few people should have access to these. I'd quite like to have some select deacats..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Rob Miller
When I went looking for a deativated Lee Enfield I had a particular one in mind to match the M20.

Rob

photo lee1_zps84c62fba.jpg

photo lee2_zps0e5aa65b.jpg

Hi Rob,
Interested in some close ups of the bracketry for carrying a rifle on the bike. Looks like you have one made? Can you post more photos? Thanks.

Go into smiths and buy this months gun mart the back half is full of dealers .A word of warning in my opinion they are not worth the trouble of taking to shows you cannot leave them for a second .And you will get locked up if you take one abroad ie france holland .

Vincent V

Hi Rob,
Interested in some close ups of the bracketry for carrying a rifle on the bike. Looks like you have one made? Can you post more photos? Thanks.

There are some pictures on this earlier thread.

Rob.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1241258&cmd=show

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I feel sorry for you chaps over there. I build a 1918 BSA No.1 MkIII up from an action I got at an estate sale. Paid $10.00 for it, barrel bore like a mirror! Matching bolt too.

I have about 15 Enfields from Savage (US PROPERTY marked), to a long Branch.

Bad thing is, the Mil Surp ammo has dried up.

I'm actually looking for a 1944 BSA for my bike.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Robb, I guess we're still lucky in Canada too, seems like it used to be a right of passage for every man to own an Enfield 303, still lots of sporterized ones around but prices seem to be climbing rapidly. Here's my No 4 Mk 1 M47C (BSA)Shirley ) that I restored from a sporter. Now has full stock and well bedded, I also have a Long Branch and a US Property 1942 Savage No 4 Mk 1 (NOT the 1*- it is a very early 1C series!) waiting re-stocking to military spec! Still a bit of MilSurp ammo around, I bought 144 Rounds Ball ammo at the last local gun show, all in sealed boxes, dated 1943 and 1944!!

It started as a sporterized one like almost every grandfather has in his basement, too bad that generation isn't passing them on to the next, so many being turned in to police at every gun "amnesty". Last local one the Police held attracted quite a bit of attention when a FULLY active Bren was turned in. Current regs in Canada don't allow such restricted firearms to be passed on, you need a "grandfathered" licence which can't be issued anymore, so the guns are slowly disappearing.

Nieuwe pagina 1